Today Top Current Affairs 14 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 14 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 14 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
PM Modi Inaugurates 6th Raisina Dialogue
On 13th April 2021, PM Modi has inaugurated the 2021 “Raisina Dialogue” (6th Edition), through video-conferencing.
- It will be organised between 13 April and 16 April 2021 with a total of 50 sessions and will be in fully digital form for the first time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Raisina Dialogue is India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geoeconomics, is organised every year since 2016.
- President of Rwanda, Paul Kagame and PM of Denmark, Mette Frederiksen became part of the Inaugural Session as Chief Guests.
Raisina Dialogue theme 2021:
- The theme for the 2021 conference is “#ViralWorld: Outbreaks, Outliers and Out of Control”.
Dronacharya awardee shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty died at 79
Dronacharya awardee shooting coach Sanjay Chakravarty has passed away at the age of 79. he was suffering from coronavirus.
- In the year 2017, he was honoured with the Dronacharya Award for his contribution to the discipline.
World Chagas Disease Day 2021
The World Chagas Disease Day is observed on 14th April every year across the world.
It aims to create public awareness and visibility among individuals regarding Chagas Disease (also known as American trypanosomiasis) and the resources needed for the prevention, control or elimination of the disease.
- In 2019, The WHO approved the designation of Chagas Disease Day during the 72nd World Health Assembly.
- it also marks the Brazilian doctor Carlos Ribeiro Justiniano Chagas who diagnosed the 1st case of Chagas Disease on 14th April 1909.
Babasaheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar Jayanti 2021
Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar’s Jayanti is celebrated on 14th April 2021 every year in India. it aims to commemorate the birth anniversary of Babasaheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
- He is also known as the Father (chief architect) of the Indian Constitution.
- He fought for the rights of the Dalits and other socially backward classes.
Babasaheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar
- He was born on 14 April 1891 and died on December 6, 1956.
- he is a renowned social reformer and a Dalit icon.
- Ambedkar became the first law and justice minister of independent India.
Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar awards
- In 1990, he was honoured with India’s highest civilian honour the Bharat Ratna.
International Turban Day 2021
The day of 13th April is observed as International Turban Day since 2004. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness of the strict requirement on Sikhs to put the turban as a mandatory part of their religion.
- Turban Day also marks the 552nd birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev and the Baisakhi festival.
- turban has other names such as “dastar” or “pagri” or “pag” and it is worn by both men and some women to cover their heads.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre 102nd Anniversary
13th April was observed as the 102nd anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre in 2021. on this day, Jallianwala Bagh Massacre was taken place at Jallianwala Bagh in Punjab’s Amritsar.
- British Indian Army led by Colonel Reginald Dyer, fired machine guns on unarmed protesters and pilgrims, who had gathered in Jallianwala Bagh on the Baisakhi.