Today Top Current Affairs 13 January 2021
Daily Current Affairs 13 January 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 13 January 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
2-Days coastal defence exercise ‘Sea Vigil-21’ begins
On 12th January 2021, the 2nd edition of the biennial pan-India coastal defence exercise ‘Sea Vigil-21’ has been started by the Navy of India. the ‘Sea Vigil-21’ exercise will run till 13th January 2021.
- 13 coastal States and Union Territories will be the part of this exercise with maritime stakeholders such as fishing and coastal communities.
- The exercise will be conducted in the 7516 km coastline and Exclusive Economic Zone of India.
- ‘SEA VIGIL 21’ Exercise will play a role in recognizing strengths and weaknesses and will make maritime and national security strength.
- The Indian Navy organizes this exercise in every 2 years and it is a part of the major Theatre level exercise TROPEX [Theatre-level Readiness Operational Exercise].
Centre installs empowered panel for Covid-19 vaccine
On 12th January 2021, The Indian government has planned to set up an empowered committee for the administration of Covid-19 vaccine.
- From 16th January 2021, India is going to conduct mega vaccination drive which is to start in India from 16 January 2021.
- The panel will have 10 members and former TRAI chief Mr RS Sharma will be the head of the panel.
- along with it, the officials from the health ministry and UIDAI will be included in the panel.
- But, the panel will be free to invite persons as and when needed to assure the delivery of the vaccine via the Co-Win technology platform.
13th India-Vietnam Defence Security Dialogue
On 12th January 2021, The 13th edition of India-Vietnam Defence Security Dialogue was organized virtually.
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar headed the event with Vietnamese Sr Lt Gen Nguyen Chi Vinh.
- Both of the nations also shared views on Virtual Summit which was held between PM Modi and Vietnam PM H.E. Nguyen Xuan Phuc in December 2020.
France organizes 4th One Planet Summit
- The Summit has been conducted in the collaboration of the United Nations (UN) and the World Bank.
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations António Guterres, French President Emmanuel Macron, and President of the World Bank Group David Malpass were present during the Summit.
One Planet Summit Theme
- “Let’s act together for nature!”
The Summit paid attention to biodiversity preservation via:
- Terrestrial and marine ecosystems protection,
- Agroecology promotion
- the mobilization of funding for biodiversity
- make links between deforestation, species and human health.
Henley Passport Index 2021 – India at 85
Henley & Partners has released Henley Passport Index 2021. the Index is based on data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- The Henley Passport Index shows the world’s most powerful passports rankings as per the destinations number and holders can access without a visa.
- As per the Index, Indian Passport has got 85th ranking among 110 countries and gets a visa-free score of 58.
- On the other hand, Japan has topped in the world’s most powerful passports ranking for 3rd consecutive year. with the Japan passport, visitors can access 191 countries with a visa-free.
- Followed by Singapore ranked at 2nd with 190 Visa-free and South Korea and Germany got the 3rd place with 189 countries visa-free.
- However, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan have been considered as the worst passport in the world and scored 29, 28 and 26 respectively.
Most Powerful Passports in 2021
|South Korea, Germany||189|
|Italy, Finland, Spain, Luxembourg||188|
|Sweden, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Ireland||186|
|Switzerland, United States, United Kingdom, Norway, Belgium, New Zealand||185|
|Greece, Malta, Czech Republic, Australia||184|
Worst passports in world 2021
Books & Authors
“The Population Myth: Islam, Family Planning and Politics in India” Book
The Ex-chief election commissioner Shri S Y Quraishi has authored a book named “The Population Myth: Islam, Family Planning and Politics in India”.
- The HarperCollins India has published this book and will hit the stands on 15th February 2021.
- The book highlights the demographics of the country from a religious perspective and seeks to devastate 2 basic myths that ‘Islam is against family planning’ and ”Muslim rate of growth” is associated to take political power.
NY Times Reporter Neil Sheehan died at 84
The famous and noted reporter of America and Pulitzer Prize winning author Neil Sheehan has passed away at the age of 84.
- He was also the Vietnam War correspondent and joined the war between 1962 and 1966 for United Press International and The New York Times.
- Along with it, he penned down a book named “A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam,”. his book received National Book Award and a Pulitzer in the year 1989.
Q.1 Where can I read daily current affairs?
you can study/read it from PrepareExams. We update daily current affairs day wise and monthly wise.
Q.2 How can I study current affairs for competitive exams 2021?
You can follow our PrepareExams website and bookmark our page. as well as, you can also make some notes of all the important issues at national and international level.
Q.3 What is the best way to prepare current affairs 2021?
1st way: you need to read daily current affairs and also should attend quiz daily to remember.
2nd way: read weekly and monthly current affairs regularly for revising.
Today Top Current Affairs 13 January 2021