Today Top Current Affairs 13 & 14 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 13 & 14 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 13 & 14 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Ministry of Ayush Launches Namaste Yoga App
On 11th June 2021, The Ministry of Ayush has launched an app named ‘Namaste Yoga’ App for the 7th International Day of Yoga virtually. Ayush Ministry conducted the event with the help of Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
- The theme 2021 of the event was “Be With Yoga, Be At Home”.
- The main purpose of the “Namaste Yoga” app is to raise awareness about yoga and make it accessible to the larger community.
About Namaste Yoga APP
- The app aims to raise awareness about yoga and make it accessible to the community.
- It will be an information platform for the public to look for Yoga centers, events, and trainers.
- It will also provide details regarding yoga events being organized by yoga institutions across India.
India as 4th largest forex reserves holder
According to the Data of RBI, the Indian foreign exchange reserves have crossed the $600 billion mark for the first time. On 4th June 2021, The Forex reserve of India went up USD 6.842 billion to USD 605.008 billion.
Top 10: List of countries by foreign-exchange reserves
|Rank||Country|| Foreign Currency Reserves|
(in billions of U.S. dollars)
SBI Launches Kavach Personal Loans for Covid-stressed Customers
The State Bank of India (SBI) has started off a new loan scheme named ‘Kavach Personal Loan’. the ‘Kavach Personal Loan’ will help in offering financial relief to its customers who are facing economic crises due to covid related treatment costs.
What is ‘Kavach Personal Loan’:
- It is a collateral-free offering Loan.
- Customers will be able to get a maximum of Rs 5 lakh loan at an interest rate of 8.5 percent per annum for a period of 5 years.
- The loan will help in offering reimbursement of Covid related medical expenses.
- This loan scheme has been launched under the Covid loan book
SBI (State Bank of India) –
- Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 List: DBS Bank Tops in India
As per the World’s Best Banks 2021 list for India, DBS Bank has topped in India out of 30 domestic and international banks. the list has been released by Forbes magazine. DBS Bank retained the top spot for the second consecutive year
- Followed by, CSB Bank and ICICI Bank go the 2nd and 3rd place in the list.
- The survey was conducted by Forbes in partnership with market research firm Statista.
List of Pulitzer Prize 2021 Winners: Check 2021 Pulitzer Prize Winners & Finalists
The Pulitzer Prize is distributed in the field of newspaper, magazine, and online journalism, literary achievements, and musical composition excellence and it is the top US journalism award, presented every year to its recipients.
- The Pulitzer prize is honored in twenty-one categories and the award carries a USD 15,000 cash award and a gold medal.
Former Mongolia PM Ukhnaa Khurelsukh won the 2021 Presidential Election
On 9th June 2021, Former Mongolian Prime Minister Ukhnaa Khurelsukh has won Presidential Election 2021 and has been appointed as 6th President.
- Khurelsukh has taken place of Khaltmaagiin Battulga and has assumed charge of the office on 10 July 2021.
Costa Rican Economist Rebeca Grynspan as Secretary-General of UNCTAD
Costa Rican economist Rebecca Grynspan has been appointed as the Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). her appointment was approved by The U.N. General Assembly.
- Rebecca Grynspan will serve for a period of four years.
- She is the first woman and Central American to head UNCTAD.
- She will take place of Isabelle Durant (serving as Secretary-General since 15 February 2021).
World Blood Donor Day 2021
The day of 14th June is observed as World Blood Donor Day every year in order to create awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and it also thanks blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood. the World Health Organization (WHO) has conducted the celebration with the help of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Slogan 2021 – Give blood and keep the world beating
- Rome, Italy will be the host country for 2021.
Today Top Current Affairs 13 & 14 June 2021: FAQ
Q.1 What are the latest current affairs?
Current Affairs Today 13 & 14 June 2021
Ministry of Ayush Launches Namaste Yoga App (13th June 2021)
India as 4th largest forex reserves holder (13th June 2021)
SBI Launches Kavach Personal Loans for Covid-stressed Customers (13th June 2021)
Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 List: DBS Bank Tops in India (13th June 2021)
List of Pulitzer Prize 2021 Winners: Check 2021 Pulitzer Prize Winners & Finalists (14th June 2021)
Former Mongolia PM Ukhnaa Khurelsukh won the 2021 Presidential Election (14th June 2021)
Costa Rican Economist Rebeca Grynspan as Secretary-General of UNCTAD (14th June 2021)
World Blood Donor Day 2021 (14th June 2021)
Q.2 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.3 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.4 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.