Today Top Current Affairs 15 June 2021
Daily Current Affairs 15 June 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 15 June 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Home in the World Book by Amartya Sen
The Nobel laureate Amartya Sen has authored his memoir named ‘Home in the World’. Penguin Random House will release his memoir in the month of July 2021.
- The book highlights how it was Rabindranath Tagore who gave him his name Amartya. He also reminisces the conversations at Calcutta’s famous Coffee House and at Cambridge, and Marx’s, Keynes’ and Arrow’s ideas all of which shaped his views.
Global Skills Report 2021 by Coursera: India ranks 67
Coursera has released its report named ‘Global Skills Report 2021’. accrdoing to the report, India has been ranked at 67th place overall globally. India has exhibited a lag in digital skills with 38% proficiency in each global skill domain. Globally, India has ranked 55 in business, and 66 in both technology and data science.
- On the Asian map, India has been placed at 16, ahead of the Philippines and Thailand, but behind Singapore and Japan.
Global Skills Report analysis: India
- machine-learning – 52 percent proficiency
- mathematical skills – 54 percent
- data analysis – 25 percent
- statistical programming sector – 15 percent
Rank 1: Switzerland
Rank 2: Luxembourg
Rank 3: Austria
IDFC FIRST Bank launches Customer COVID relief Ghar Ghar Ration Program
IDFC First Bank has announced the launch of the “Ghar Ghar Ration” Program. the Ghar Ghar Ration is an Employee-funded program for its low-income customers whose livelihoods are affected by the Covid-19 disease.
- Along with it, The Bank has started off a comprehensive Employee COVID Care Scheme 2021. it will help in providing support to the families of employees who have lost their lives due to COVID-19
about IDFC First Bank’s ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ program
- As per the program, customers whose income is low than Rs 50,000, and whose livelihood was impacted by Covid-19, will be supplied with ration kits.
Ghar Ghar Ration Kits:
- 10 kg rice/flour,
- 2 kg dal (lentils),
- 1 kg sugar and salt,
- 1 kg cooking oil,
- 5 packets of assorted spices, tea and biscuits, and other essentials
Ghar Ghar Ration pilot program:
- As per the pilot program, employees have distributed 1000 ration kits in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Haryana successfully.
Israel as the World’s First Mask-Free Country from 15th June
From 15th June 2021, Israel is removing the rule of applying masks in closed places and due to this, Israel will be the world’s first mask-free country/nation in the Covid-19 period. this information has been announced by Israel’s Health Minister Yuli Edelstein.
mask free countries 2021 list
- New Zealand
Biotechnology company MyLab appoints Akshay Kumar as brand ambassador
Biotechnology company MyLab has decided to appoint Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar as brand ambassador. Akshay Kumar will play a role in creating awareness for Mylab’s products and kits such as CoviSelf. recently, the Pune-based firm has launched the country’s first COVID-19 self-test kit “CoviSelf”.
Vinoo Mankad and Kumar Sangakkara Inducted Into ICC Hall Of Fame
On 13th June 2021, The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced to induce 10 icons of the game, including India’s Vinoo Mankad. all 10 icons have made a significant contribution to the history of Test cricket and become part of an illustrious list of ICC Hall of Famers.
ICC Hall of Fame
- Aubrey Faulkner of South Africa
- Monty Noble of Australia
- Sir Learie Constantine of West Indies
- Stan McCabe of Australia
- Ted Dexter of England
- Vinoo Mankad of India
- Desmond Haynes of the West Indies
- Bob Willis of England
- Andy Flower of Zimbabwe
- Kumar Sangakkara of Sri Lanka
Former Indian volleyball captain Nirmal Milkha Singh passes away
The former Indian women’s volleyball team captain Nirmal Milkha Kaur (Wife of Milkha Singh) has taken her last breath. she was suffering from COVID-19 complications. She has served as Director of Sports for Women in the Punjab Government.
National award-winning Kannada film actor Sanchari Vijay dies
The Noted Kannada film actor Sanchari Vijay has taken his last breath. he was honored with the National award in 2015.
- He made his debut in films in 2011 with the Kannada film Rangappa Hogbitna
- He won the Best Actor Award at the 62nd National Film Awards for His 2015 film Naanu Avanalla…Avalu.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2021
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is observed on 5th June every year. this day promotes a better understanding of abuse and neglect of older persons by creating awareness of the cultural, social, economic, and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect.
- The theme in 2021 for WEAAD (World Elder Abuse Awareness Day) is “Access to Justice”.
- The International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse and the World Health Organization at the United Nations (UN) started this day to observe on 15th June 2006.
- In 2011, the United Nations General Assembly officially declared this day to celebrate.
Global Wind Day 2021
The day of 15th June is observed as Global Wind Day every year in order to create awareness about wind energy, the various uses of wind energy, and the ways and possibilities as to how wind energy can help change the world.
- the global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), WindEurope, and the national associations have conducted this day jointly.
Daily Current Affairs 15 June 2021: FAQ
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.