Today Top Current Affairs 12 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 12 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Sardardham Bhavan in Ahmedabad
On 11th September 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji has inaugurated the Sardardham Bhavan in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, via video conferencing. Along with it, PM Modi also performed the “Bhoomi Pujan” of the Sardardham Phase-II Kanya Chhatralaya (girls’ hostel).
- PM Modi has dedicated the two establishments to the “Iron Man of India,” Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
About Sardardham Bhavan
- The Sardardham Bhavan will offer a separate hostel facility to girls and boys from rural areas who aspire for better career prospects.
- The Project will be completed in two Phases, Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- Phase I of the Sardardham Bhavan project is to be established over an area of 11,672 square feet and around Rs 200 crore will be spent on this project. the Sardardham Bhavan will be located near the Vaishnodevi circle in the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar border area.
Former Union minister Vijay Goel appointed As vice-chairman of Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti
The Union minister Vijay Goel is appointed as the vice-chairman of the Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti. The Union culture ministry has notified his appointment.
- Goel has served as minister in the first NDA government under Modi. he served as minister of state for sports and youth affairs (July 2016 to Sep 2017).
About Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS)
- New Delhi Based Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS) was established in September 1984. GSDS functions under constructive advice and financial support from the Ministry of Culture.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani Resigns
On 11th September 2021, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has taken his resignation from the post. the state assembly elections will be held in 2022.
- Gujarat State Elections have been scheduled in December 2022 to elect 182 members of the Gujarat Assembly.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has submitted his resignation letter to Governor Acharya Devvrat.
- He assumed the post of CM on August 07, 2016.
- Vijay represents Rajkot West in the Gujarat Legislative Assembly.
Yahoo Appoints Jim Lanzone as its new CEO
Yahoo has made an announcement of the appointment of Tinder Chief Executive Officer Jim Lanzone as its new Chief Executive Officer. his appointment will come into effect from September 27th, 2021.
- Lanzone will take place of Guru Gowrappan, who has been named Senior Advisor to Apollo’s private equity business.
- Lanzone has served as CEO of the dating app Tinder and also served as Chief Digital Officer and Chief Executive Officer of CBS Interactive.
- He also worked at search engine Ask.com.
G C Murmu is elected as Chairman of ASOSAI for 2024-2027
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India G C Murmu have been appointed as the new Chairman of the Assembly of the Asian Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI) for a period of three years from 2024-27.
- The 56th governing board of ASOSAI made his appointment of Murmu during the 15th Assembly of ASOSAI.
- India is going to host the 16th Assembly of ASOSAI in 2024.
Sanjeev Barnwal appointed as CEO of Ujjivan Financial Services
Ujjivan Financial Services has appointed Sanjeev Barnwal as its new chief executive officer. the decision on the appointment of Sanjeev Barnwal as the chief executive officer was taken in a meeting by the board of directors.
- He has assumed the post from September 10, 2021.
- He will also serve as the company secretary (CS) and key managerial personnel (KMP) of the company.
- He is having experience of over 17 years and has served as associate vice-president and CS with SMC Capitals Ltd.
India-Australia holds inaugural 2+2 ministerial dialogue
On 11th September 2021, India has hold the first-ever 2+2 ministerial dialogue with Australia at the Hyderabad House in New Delhi. The high-level foreign and defence ministerial dialogue aimed to boost overall defense and strategic cooperation like the Indo-Pacific amid China’s increasing military assertiveness in the region.
- From the Indian Side, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar were present.
- From the Australian Side, Australian counterparts Marise Payne and Peter Dutton joined the inaugural two-plus-two talks in New Delhi.
World First Aid Day 2021
Every year, The 2nd Saturday of September month is observed as World First Aid Day across the world. in 2021, World First Aid Day is being observed on September 11th.
- The main purpose of this day is to raise awareness on first aid and how it can prevent injuries and save lives in critical situations.
- World First Aid day is known as an annual campaign that aims to promote the importance of first aid training and increasing its accessibility in order to save more lives in a crisis. when one suffers from injury then he/she is given the first and immediate assistance given called ‘First Aid’.
- The theme for World First Aid Day 2021 is ‘First aid and road safety’.
- in 2020, the theme was ‘First aid saves lives’ was chosen fo this day.
<< Read Full News Here >>