Today Top Current Affairs 13 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 13 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
India’s largest open air fernery inaugurated in Uttarakhand
On 12th September 2021 (Sunday), India’s largest open-air fernery has been inaugurated in Ranikhet of Uttarakhand state.
- The main purpose of it is to conserve fern species and also is to raise awareness about their ecological role and promote further research.
- The Ranikhet fernery is having 120 different types of fern.
- it is spread over four acres of land at an altitude of 1,800 meters.
- The Research Wing of Uttarakhand Forest Department has developed the facility under Central Government’s CAMPA scheme, and took three years to develop.
Telangana launched the ‘Medicine from the Sky’ initiative for delivery of medicines, vaccine via drone
The Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiradtiya Scindia has started off a new initiative called ‘Medicine from the Sky’ in Telangana. Under the initiative, drugs and vaccines will be delivered using drones.
- The State Govt of Telangana has launched this initiative in partnership with the World Economic Forum, NITI Aayog, and HealthNet Global (Apollo Hospitals).
BJP MLA Bhupendra Patel named new Gujarat Chief Minister, will succeed Vijay Rupani
On 12th September 2021, BJP has named first-time MLA Bhupendra Patel as the next chief minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra will succeed Vijay Rupani as chief minister of Gujarat who stepped down from the post a few days ago.
- On 13th September 2021 (Today), Patel will be sworn in as the chief minister and the new Gujarat cabinet will be taken after that.
Who is Bhupendra Patel
- He has won the 2017 Gujarat Legislative Assembly elections from the Ghatlodia constituency.
- He has served as a municipal councilor in Ahmedabad.
- He was also elected as the chairman of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA).
- Along with it, Patel is a former chairman of the standing committee of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC).
India’s first long-range nuclear missile tracking ship INS Dhruv
On 10th September 2021 (Friday), India’s first nuclear-missile tracking ship named INS Dhruv was commissioned from Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh state, India.
- INS Dhruv is a 10,00 tonnes satellite and ballistic missile tracking ship.
- The Hindustan Shipyard Limited has built the INS Dhruv in collaboration with the DRDO and National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).
- INS Dhruv is equipped with anti-ballistic missile capabilities, will warn the authority when the enemy will fire missiles towards Indian cities and military establishments.
- Dhruv can also track nuclear missiles at a long range.
US Open 2021: Raducanu Won first Grand Slam, beats Fernandez 6-4, 6-3 in final
The tennis player of Great Britain Emma Raducanu has won the 2021 US Open women’s singles final title. in the final, Emma defeated Canada’s Leylah Annie Fernandez by 6-4, 6-3. the final match was held at the Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York USA on September 12th, 2021.
- Emma Raducanu has clinched her first Grand Slam title, and was ranked 150th coming into the hardcourt Grand Slam.
- The 19-year-old Fernandez was ranked 73rd coming into the major while the 18-year-old Raducanu was 150th.
F1 Italian Grand Prix 2021: Daniel Ricciardo becomes the winner
Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren, Australian-Italian) has become the winner of the Formula One (F1) Italian Grand Prix 2021 title. the race was held at Monza on September 12, 2021.
- This was the first victory for McLaren since 2012 and Ricciardo’s first since he was at Red Bull in 2018.
- Followed by Lando Norris and Valtteri Bottas came 2nd and 3rd in the F1 race respectively.
- Daniel Ricciardo took the advantage of a collision between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen which eliminated both championship rivals.