Today Top Current Affairs 11 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 11 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Income Tax Return filing Deadline for FY 2020-21 (AY 2021-22) Extended to December 31, 2021
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has decided to extend the income tax return (ITR) filing deadline for the financial year 2020-21 to December 31, 2021. prior to this, the ITR filing deadline was September 30th, 2021.
- CBDT extended the deadline due to persistent technical problems with the new income tax portal while filing ITR in the last few months and Covid-19. The glitches and other problems from inception were found in the new income tax e-filing portal.
First Emergency landing strip on highway inaugurated in Barmer Rajasthan
On 9th September 2021, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated India’s first emergency landing strip at Gandhav Bhakasar section on National Highway-925 in Barmer, Rajasthan. the strip will be used by Indian Air Force (IAF) planes. at the inauguration time, Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari was also present.
- The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has developed the landing strip at NH-925.
- The landing strip is over a 3 km stretch and cost Rs 43 crore.
Main Bhi Digital 3.0: A special Campaign for Digital Onboarding and Training for street vendors
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs( MoHUA) has launched A special Campaign for Digital Onboarding and Training for street vendors named “Main Bhi Digital 3.0” under the PM SVANidhi scheme with the help of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
- During the launch of the event, MoHUA’s Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra and MeitY’s Secretary Ajay Prakash Sawhney were present.
- The BharatPe, Mswipe, PhonePe, Paytm, Aceware have joined the drive to issue UPI IDs, QR codes and provide digital training. they will help in bringing about enhanced adoption of digital transactions and behavior change.
NPCI launches RuPay credit card stack named nFiNi
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched the plug-and-play RuPay credit card stack called nFiNi in collaboration with Fiserv Inc.
- it is a BaaS (banking-as-a-service) programme that will help in providing a ready stack of services required for fintechs and banks to issue RuPay credit cards.
- The nFiNi programme will enable fintech and banks on credit cards which can cater to new-to-bank-and-credit customers.
- nFiNi will also reduce onboarding time via services.
- it also covers a hosted card management system including transaction processing, fraud, and risk management, open APIs, and surround services to support card programmes.
World’s largest Plant to capture Carbon Dioxide from Air started in Iceland
The world’s largest plant named “Orca” for capturing carbon dioxide out of the air has started its operations in Iceland on September 08, 2021, and has been Constructed by Switzerland’s Climeworks and Iceland’s Carbfix in partnership with Swiss start-up Climeworks AG.
- The Orca plant consists of four units, each made up of two metal boxes.
- The Plant will draw 4,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) out of the air every year.
- The plant will use fans to draw air into a collector, which has a filter material inside.
- In the world, there are currently 15 direct air capture plants and captures more than 9,000 tonnes of CO2 per year (As per IEA).
China successfully launches new Earth observation satellite named “Gaofen-5 02”
China has launched the 24th Gaofen-series Earth-observation satellite named Gaofen-5 02, into space. the Gaofen-5 02 satellite will help in monitoring environmental protection efforts and will also boost its natural resources surveillance. The satellite has been launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Shanxi province on a Long March 4C carrier rocket.
- The Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology has developed the satellite and is based on its SAST3000 satellite platform.
- it has been equipped with hyperspectral observational devices tasked with monitoring air, water and environments.
President Ramnath Kovind appoints new Governors of Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Punjab & Nagaland
On 9th September 2021, India’s President Shri Ramnath Kovind has appointed new governors of the Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Uttarakhand, and Nagaland.
- Lieutenant General Gurmit Singh will serve as the new governor of Uttarakhand, will take place of Baby Rani Maurya who resigned as Governor. Gurmit Singh has served as the deputy chief of Army.
- RN Ravi has been appointed as new governor Tamil Nadu state, he was serving as Nagaland’s governor. he is Centre’s interlocutor and retired IPS officer.
- Jagdish Mukhi has been appointed as the new governor of Nagaland.
|1.||Lt. Gen. Gurmit Singh (retired deputy|
chief of Army)
|Governor of Uttarakhand|
|2.||R. N. Ravi (former Nagaland governor)||Governor of Tamil Nadu|
|3.||Banwarilal Purohit (former Governor|
of Tamil Nadu)
|Governor of Punjab|
|4.||Prof. Jagdish Mukhi||Governor of Nagaland|
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chairs 13th BRICS Summit
On 9th September 2021, Narendra Modi has chaired the 13th BRICS Summit through video conferencing. BRICS includes five major emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- The theme of the India-led BRICS Summit was “[email protected]: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus.”. the theme marks the fifteenth anniversary of BRICS.
Himalayan Day 2021: 9th September
On 9th September, Himalaya Diwas/Day is celebrated every year in the state of Uttarakhand with the aim of conserving the Himalayan ecosystem and region. In 2021, The National Mission for Clean Ganga organized Himalayan Diwas in association with Naula Foundation.
- The theme 2021 of Himalayan Diwas/Himalayan Day is: ‘Contribution of Himalayas and our responsibilities’.
World EV Day 2021: 9th September
Every year, World EV (Electric Vehicle) Day is observed on September 9th to mark the celebration of e-mobility. It aims to educate people about the benefits of electric vehicles.
- World EV Day was created by sustainability media company Green.TV, and the World EV Day was observed for the first time in 2020.
- China is the largest EV market in the world while India’s automotive industry is the fifth largest in the world, is expected to become the third largest by 2030.