Today Top Current Affairs 12 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
19th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) held
The 19th Meeting of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) was conducted on January 05, 2022, and the meeting was chaired by Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change Shri Bhupender Yadav.
- He also unveiled an Action Plan for the Introduction of Cheetah in India and 50 Cheetahs to be introduced in various Parks over 5 years.
- The centre is making efforts on a futuristic and multi-pronged strategy for next decade of tiger conservation in the country.
- Bhupender Yadav has said that India has 51 Tiger Reserves and will be brought under the Tiger Reserve network.
Mission Amanat launched by Indian Railways
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) of the Western Railways zone of Indian Railways has launched Mission Amanat. under the Mission Amanat, railway passengers will be able to track their lost belongings easier.
- Passengers will get the details of lost luggage and belongings along with photos on the official website of the zonal railway i.e. https://wr.indianrailways.gov.in/
How will Mission Amanat help?
- It will help in tracking and getting back the lost belongings of the passengers.
- Also, it will ensure the safety and security of passengers and their luggage and belongings.
Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas as IMF’s chief economist, succeeds Gita Gopinath
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has decided to appoint a French-born University of California-Berkeley economist Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas as the next chief economist. Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas will replace Indian origin Gita Gopinath, who has been appointed the first deputy managing director of the IMF.
- Gourinchas will assume the charge on January 24th, 2022 and will take up on role on full-time basis from April 1, 2022.
Actress Harshaali Malhotra won 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022
Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s Harshaali Malhotra has been honoured with the prestigious Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award for her performance in the 2015 film, Bajrangi Bhaijaan on January 9, 2022.
- Maharashtra Government has conducted the Bharat Ranta Dr Ambedkar national Awards 2022 ceremony in the memory of Dr Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar.
- The Maharashtra Governor Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari distributed the award to Harshaali Malhotra for her commendable performance in the movie and contribution in the field of Indian Cinema.
South African all-rounder Chris Morris retires from all forms of cricket
South Africa all-rounder Chris Morris has announced to take his retirement from all forms of cricket. The 34-year-old cricketer has played four Tests, 42 ODIs and 23 T20 Internationals, picking up 48 and 34 wickets respectively.
- He has scored 467 runs in ODIs and 133 in T20s respectively.
- Morris has also played in IPL for Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai Super Kings franchises.
Bharath Subramaniyam becomes India’s 73rd Chess Grandmaster
14 years old Bharath Subramaniyam has become India’s 73rd Chess Grandmaster, securing the third and final GM norm at an event in Italy.
- He received a score of 6.5 points from 9 rounds along with 4 others to finish seventh overall.
- He has secured three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points to become the Grandmaster (GM) title.
- In November 2021, Mitrabha Guha had become the country’s 72nd GM and Sankalp Gupta became the 71st GM.
European Parliament President David Sassoli died at 65
European Parliament President David Sassoli has passed away at the age of 65 on January 11, 2021
- He was serving as the President of the European Parliament from July 2019.
- Sassoli was elected to the European Parliament in 2009 and also won another term in 2014 and served as the Parliament’s Vice President.
National Youth Day 2022
The day of 12th January is observed as National Youth Day by the Indian citizens, this marks the Swami Vivekananda Birth Anniversary. it is also known as Rashtriya Yuva Diwas.
- In 1985, Indian Govt designated Swami Vivekananda’s birthday which falls on 12th January every year to honour of the great philosopher and monk.
- Every year, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda (January 12th) – is celebrated as the National Youth Day in the country that marks the vision and work of Swami Vivekananda, who has strived throughout his life towards making a better society and inspired youth with his social services
Daily Current Affairs 12th January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.