Today Top Current Affairs 11& 12 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 11 & 12 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 11 & 12 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
NITI Aayog launches Online Dispute Resolution handbook
On 9th April 2021, NITI Aayog has launched the first-of-its-kind Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) handbook in association with Agami and Omidyar Network India and with the support of ICICI Bank, Ashoka Innovators for the Public, Trilegal, Dalberg, Dvara, NIPFP
Online Dispute Resolution Handbook
- It is the resolution of disputes outside courts, particularly of small and medium-value cases, using digital technology and techniques of alternate dispute resolution (ADR).
- is an invitation to business leaders to adopt ODR in India.
- It also highlights the need for such a mechanism, the models of ODR that businesses can adopt and an actionable pathway for them.
Mass Vaccination Programme “Teeka Utsav”
The Centre has launched a mass vaccination programme named “Teeka Utsav (vaccine festival)”. it aims to control surging COVID-19 cases across the country.
- Teeka Utsav (4 days long) will begin on 11th April 2021 and will run till 14th April 2021.
- Citizens can register and book an appointment using the Cowin portal and Aarogya Setu App to get the vaccination for COVID-19.
ICCR Foundation Day celebrated at Indian Embassy in Beijing, “Little Guru” app launched
On 10th April 2021, The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) has observed its 71st Foundation Day and also launched an app named ‘Little Guru’ on this occasion.
‘Little Guru’ App:
- It is the world’s first Gamified Sanskrit learning App.
- It was jointly launched by Ambassador Vikram Misri and Professor Wang Bangwei.
- It will help people to learn Sanskrit in an easy, entertaining, and fun way.
- The app will also help in learning the Sanskrit language to do so in an easy manner based on games, competition, rewards, peer to peer interactions, and so on.
- ‘LITTLE GURU’ a specialized app for learning Sanskrit was developed by Gamapp Sportswizz Tech. Pvt. Ltd.
SBI MF crosses Rs5 lakh crore average AUM mark, becomes 1st mutual fund house
SBI Funds Management Pvt Ltd becomes the first mutual fund house in India that has crossed the mark of ₹5 lakh crore average assets under management (AAUM).
- During the financial year 2020-21, SBI MF’s average AUM has increased from ₹3.73 lakh crore to ₹5.04 lakh crore.
Indian Business Tycoon Yusuffali received Top Civilian Award In UAE
Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan honours Yusuffali MA and 11 other individuals with Abu Dhabi’s top civilian award at the 10th edition of the Abu Dhabi Awards held at Qasr Al Hosn. they received this award for making noble and charitable contributions to the community.
- Yusuffali MA is an Indian-origin businessman and serving as the Chairman and Managing Director of Abu Dhabi-based LuLu Group.
Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou as new Prime Minister of Niger
66-year-old Ouhoumoudou Mahamadou has been appointed as the new Prime Minister by Niger President Mohamed Bazoum.
- Ouhoumoudou has served as a minister in charge of the finance and mining portfolios before being the New Prime Minister of the country.
- He will take place of Brigi Rafini.
- Brigi Rafini served as the Prime Minister of Niger between 2011 and 2021.
Kiren Rijiju Inaugurated Khelo India State Centre Of Excellence For Rowing in Srinagar
On 10th April 2021, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has started off the Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE) for rowing at the Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council Water Sports Academy in Srinagar.
- KISCE will be credited Rs 145.16 lakh (as a 1st-time grant ) and an annual recurring grant of Rs 96.17 lakh.
- At present, there are 24 KISCEs across 23 states and union territories.
Mahabharat Actor Satish Kaul passes away
The Noted Punjabi actor Satish Kaul has passed away at the age of 74. he was suffering from COVID-19 related complications.
- He worked in several Hindi films and shows such as Mahabharat.
- Satish began his career in the early ’70s with Hindi and Punjabi films.
- He also worked in Bollywood films include Ram Lakhan, Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha and Aunty No 1.
- in Punjabi films, he was seen in Maula Jatt, Sassi Punnu, Ishq Nimana, Suhag Chooda and Patola.
National Safe Motherhood Day 2021
The day of 11th April is observed as National Safe Motherhood Day and it aims to create awareness about adequate access to care for women during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal services.
- it also commemorates the birth anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi who was the wife of Nation Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi.
- The theme of Safe Motherhood Day 2021 is ‘Stay at home during coronavirus, keep mother and newborn safe from coronavirus’.
<< Read Full News Here >>
World Parkinson Day 2021
World Parkinson’s Day is observed on 11th April every year across the world. it aims to create awareness of Parkinson’s disease, which is a progressive nervous system disorder.
- it also highlights the birthday of Dr James Parkinson.
- Parkinson was from London UK and became the 1st person to systematically described the 6 individuals with the symptoms of Parkinson Disease.
<< Read Full News Here >>
International Day of Human Space Flight 2021
The day of 12th April is observed as International Day of Human Space Flight every year across the world.
- The main objective of this day is to mark the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin which falls on April 12, 1961.
- On 7th April 2011, the United Nations General Assembly decided to observe this day.
<< Read Full News Here >>