Today Top Current Affairs 10 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 10 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 10 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launches NanoSniffer, a Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector
On 9th April 2021, Union Education Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched NanoSniffer, the world’s first Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD). the ETD was developed by NanoSniff Technologies.
NanoSniffer Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector
- Nanosniffer is the world’s first Explosive Trace Detector using microsensor technology.
- This is a 100% Made in India product in terms of research, development & manufacturing.
- Nanosniffer will help in reducing our dependency on imported explosive trace detector devices.
- it also detects a wide range of military, commercial and homemade explosives threats.
India gifted Rs 100 crore patrol vessel PS Zoroaster to Seychelles
On 8th April 2021, India has gifted Rs 100 crore patrol vessel “PS Zoroaster” to Seychelles.
- PS Zoroaster becomes the 4th patrol boat for Seychelles and was developed under the made-in-India initiative.
About patrol boat
|built by||Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineering|
|Estimated Cost||Rs 100 crore|
|Top Speed||35 knots and an endurance of 1,500 nautical miles|
|Purpose||patrolling, anti-smuggling and|
anti-poaching operations, and search and rescue
India gift to Seychelles
|2016||Patrol Boat Hermes|
PM Modi releases Hindi version of the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’
India’s Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has released the Hindi translation of the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’. The Odisha Itihaas book (Odisha History) has been written by ‘Utkal Keshari’ Dr Harekrushna Mahtab.
- On this occasion, Union Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Shri Bhartruhari Mahtab MP (LS) were present.
- this book is also available in English and Odia languages.
- It has been translated into Hindi by Shankarlal Purohit.
Dutee Chand is picked for inaugural Chhattisgarh Veerni Award: Check Full List of Winners
The Chhattisgarh state government will honour Dutee Chand with the Chhattisgarh Veerni Award at the inaugural edition of the awards on 14th April 2021. On 8th March 2021, the State Govt announced awards on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- Dutee also created the national record of 11.22 secs in 100m.
- Dutee Chand is silver-medalist in 100 and 200 metres in Jakarta Asian Games.
Chhattisgarh Veerni Awards: Highlights
- The Chhattisgarh Govt established the Chhattisgarh Veerni Awards. in order to honour the contribution of Indian women in different fields such as sports, literature, education, law, music, history, social work and business.
World Homeopathy Day 2021
The day of 10th April is observed as World Homeopathy Day in order to create awareness about homoeopathy and its contribution to the world of medicine.
- This day also marks the birth anniversary of German physician Dr Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.
- Hahnemann is known as the founder of the system of alternative medicine called Homeopathy.
- The Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) conducts a conference on 10 & 11 April 2021 on the occasion of #WorldHomoeopathyDay.
- Theme: “Homoeopathy – Roadmap for Integrative Medicine”
- Purpose: To identify and propose strategic actions towards an effective and efficient inclusion of #Homoeopathy in integrative care.