Today Top Current Affairs 13 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 13 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 13 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Filmmaker Guneet Monga gets 2nd Highest Civilian French Honour
Indian film producer Guneet Monga has been awarded the 2nd highest French civilian honour i.e. “Honour of the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters (Chevalier dans I’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres)”.
- The Ambassador of France to India will honour Guneet in New Delhi today (13th April 2021).
- Guneet has worked in various films such as Masaan, Lunchbox, “Period, End of Sentence” and so on.
Airtel Payments Bank launches ‘Rewards123’ Savings Account
On 9th April 2021, Airtel Payments Bank has introduced its new savings account named ‘Rewards123’. Rewards123 savings account will provide benefits and value to customers when they will transact digitally.
Rewards123 Savings account Benefits
- will be offered 1% cashback on loading Rs.1000 through UPI (Max. Rs.10/month)
- Also will be given a 2% cashback on min. Rs.1000 of online purchases with your debit card (Max. Rs.40/month)
- Will also get Flat Rs.30 Cashback on minimum Rs.225 Mobility Prepaid, Postpaid, Broadband/Landline, DTH bill payment/recharge
- zero minimum balance,
- free Platinum Online Mastercard Debit Card.
Nomura cuts Indian GDP to 12.6% in FY22
Nomura has estimated that the GDP of India will be 12.6 per cent due to the 2nd Covid wave. previously, Nomura forecasted to be 13.5 per cent for FY2022.
Nomura estimates India’s GDP forecast:
Punjab Government appoints Sonu Sood as Brand Ambassador for #Covid19 vaccination drive
Punjab State Govt has appointed Bollywood actor and philanthropist Sonu Sood as the brand ambassador for the anti-Covid-19 vaccination programme in the state.
- He is also known as a messiah. Sood helped thousands of migrant workers stranded across the country in reaching their home states amid COVID-19.
Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra as next Chief Election Commissioner
On 12th April 2021, Sushil Chandra has been elected as the next Chief Election Commissioner. he will take place of CEC Sunil Arora and will assume the post from 13th April 2021 (Today).
Election Commissioner (EC) Sushil Chandra:
- He is a 1980 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre).
- He has served as an election commissioner and also worked as a CBDT Chairman.
- Rajiv Kumar
- Sushil Chandra