Today Top Current Affairs 1 August 2021
1 August 2021 Read Daily GK Update, Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam – Daily Current Affairs 01 August 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Narendra Modi addresses the nation on NEP 2020 first anniversary
National Education Policy (NEP) 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the nation on 29th July 2021 to mark the first anniversary of the new National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. This is the first education policy of the 21st century and has replaced the 34 years old National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986.
- Following initiatives have been launched- Launch of Vidya Pravesh, Indian Sign Language as a subject, NISHTHA 2.0, SAFAL, website AI for public awareness, Academic Bank of Credit, 1st year engineering programs in regional languages, NDEAR & NETF.
Academic Bank of Credit:
- It will provide multiple entry and exit options for students in higher education, 1st year engineering programmes in regional languages and guidelines for internationalisation of higher education.
- it will also play a role in boosting the attractiveness of India as a study abroad destination.
Vidya Pravesh initiative –
- it is a three-month play-based school preparation module for Grade 1 students.
National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR) and National Education Technology Forum (NETF)
- It will support teaching and learning activities, but also educational planning, governance administrative activities of the central and provincial governments.
- It will also offer diverse education eco-system architecture for development of digital infrastructure, a federated but interoperable system that will aim to ensure autonomy of all stakeholders, especially States and UTs
Rajasthan launches Mission Niryatak Bano to boost exports
The Rajasthan government’s industries department and the Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation (RIICO) have launched an initiative called ”Mission Niryatak Bano” (मिशन निर्यातक बनो) campaign to promote aspiring exporters in the state.
- This Mission will also help in increasing the total exports from Rajasthan and increase job opportunities in the state.
- The Mission Niryatak Bano campaign (मिशन निर्यातक बनो) is aimed at registering and handholding the local traders willing to expand their business to foreign countries, in six steps including assistance from training, securing necessary documentation, registration in Rajasthan Export Promotion Council and even support in exports and trade operations.
Singer Asha Bhosle is selected for Maharashtra Bhushan Award for 2021
The Maharashtra Bhushan Selection Committee has unanimously chosen legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle for the prestigious Maharashtra Bhushan Puraskar for the year 2021. the Committee is headed by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- Bhosle is the second member of her family to win Maharashtra Bhushan and prior to this, Lata Mangeshkar was awarded the Maharashtra Bhushan in 1997.
Serum Institute Chairman Cyrus Poonawalla won Lokmanya Tilak National Award
The Chairman of the Pune-based vaccine maker Serum Institute of India (SII) Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla was elected for the prestigious Lokmanya Tilak National Award for 2021.
- He will receive the Lokmanya Tilak National Award for his work during the COVID-19 pandemic, by manufacturing the Covishield vaccine on 13th August 2021.
- The award includes a cash prize of Rs one lakh and a memento.
Vice Admiral SN Ghormade takes charge as Vice Chief of the Naval Staff
On 31st July 2021, Vice Admiral SN Ghormade, a navigation and direction specialist, has assumed charge as the new Vice Chief of the Navy. Vice Admiral SN Ghormade has succeeded Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar who retired after 39 years of service.
- SN Ghormade was commissioned in the Indian Navy on Jan 1, 1984, and is known as a navigation and direction specialist.
- SN Ghormade has been awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) on January 26, 2017 and Nausena Medal (NM) in 2007 by the President of India, and Commendation by the Chief of the Naval Staff in 2000.
Shri Deepak Das takes charge as new Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
Shri Deepak Das has taken charge as the new Controller General of Accounts and will serve as the 25th officer to hold the position of Controller General of Accounts (CGA). Shri Deepak Das has been elected by the Government of India as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, with effect from August 1, 2021.
- Shri Das was serving as the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts in the Central Board of Direct Taxes before assuming charge of CGA.
World Lung Cancer Day 2021
The day of 1st August is observed as World Lung Cancer Day every year to create awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and this day also highlights the issues of lack of sufficient research funding for the ailment.
- The Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) conducted the first campaign with the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also the American College of Chest Physicians in 2012.
Muslim Women’s Rights Day 2021
Muslim Women Rights Day is observed on August 1 every year in India to celebrate the enactment of the law against Triple Talaq. on this day, the triple talaq bill was passed in Parliament in 2019 to promise to liberate Muslim women from the shackles of social evil that came in the form of divorce terms. The Indian Govt brought the Muslim Women Act (Protection of Rights on Marriage) in the Rajya Sabha.
- The first Muslim Women’s Rights Day was celebrated in 2020.
World Breastfeeding Week 2021
Every year, The World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) is observed in the first week of August, between 1 to 7 August. the main aim of it is to raise awareness on the importance of breastfeeding for mothers and infants and World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes breast milk as the best nutritional source for infants.
- The week has been organized by WABA, WHO, and UNICEF since 1991.
- WHO and UNICEF recommend that an infant must be breastfed within an hour of birth and should continue at least for the first six months of the child’s life.
- The theme of the World Breastfeeding Week 2021 is “Protect Breastfeeding:A Shared Responsibility”.