Serum Institute Chairman Cyrus Poonawalla won Lokmanya Tilak National Award
The Chairman of the Pune-based vaccine maker Serum Institute of India (SII) Dr. Cyrus Poonawalla was elected for the prestigious Lokmanya Tilak National Award for 2021.
- He will receive the Lokmanya Tilak National Award for his work during the COVID-19 pandemic, by manufacturing the Covishield vaccine on 13th August 2021.
- The award includes a cash prize of Rs one lakh and a memento.
Who Is Cyrus Poonawalla
- Cyrus Poonawalla is a Businessman and founder-chairperson of the Pune-based Serum Institute of India (SII).
- He was born in 1941, founded SII in 1966.
- His son, Adar, is currently the chief executive officer (CEO) of the firm.
About Lokmanya Tilak national award
- The Lokmanya Tilak national award is offered every year since 1983 on August 1st on the occasion of the death anniversary of Lokmanya Tilak. the award is distributed by the Lokmanya Tilak Trust.
Previous recipient of the Lokmanya Tilak national award
- Indira Gandhi,
- Dr Manmohan Singh,
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee,
- Pranab Mukherjee
- Infosys founder R Narayana Murthy.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.