PM Narendra Modi addresses nation on NEP 2020 first anniversary
National Education Policy (NEP) 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has addressed the nation on 29th July 2021 to mark the first anniversary of the new National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. This is the first education policy of the 21st century and has replaced the 34 years old National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986.
- Following initiatives have been launched- Launch of Vidya Pravesh, Indian Sign Language as a subject, NISHTHA 2.0, SAFAL, website AI for public awareness, Academic Bank of Credit, 1st year engineering programs in regional languages, NDEAR & NETF.
Academic Bank of Credit:
- It will provide multiple entry and exit options for students in higher education, 1st year engineering programmes in regional languages and guidelines for internationalisation of higher education.
- it will also play a role in boosting the attractiveness of India as a study abroad destination.
Vidya Pravesh initiative –
- it is a three-month play-based school preparation module for Grade 1 students.
National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR) and National Education Technology Forum (NETF)
- It will support teaching and learning activities, but also educational planning, governance administrative activities of the central and provincial governments.
- It will also offer diverse education eco-system architecture for development of digital infrastructure, a federated but interoperable system that will aim to ensure autonomy of all stakeholders, especially States and UTs
An online platform dedicated to artificial intelligence (AI) –
NISHTHA 2.0 –
- It is an integrated programme of teacher training designed by the national council for education research and training (NCERT).
Structured Assessment For Analysing Learning Levels (SAFAL) –
- The Structured Assessment For Analysing Learning Levels (SAFAL) is a competency-based assessment framework for Grades 3, 5, and 8 students studying in schools and who are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Education policy in India since 1947:
- The Modi Govt has introduced NEP (stands for National Education Policy) 2020 and it is the 3rd such policy since India’s independence. the First National Education Policy of India was launched in 1968 and later, the 2nd policy was unveiled in 1986.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.