Today Top Current Affairs 1 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 1 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 1 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
RBI extends the deadline for processing auto-debit payments
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the deadline for processing recurring online transactions for 6 months. prior to this, the deadline was 31st March 2021 and after extending, the customers and OTT players and other service providers will get a new deadline of September 30, 2021.
- In order to protect customers from fraudulent transactions, RBI’s August 2019 framework was required to implement Additional Factor Authentication for recurring payments.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
Bank rate: 4.00%
Founder: British Raj
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Union Bank of India launches UNI – CARBON CARD
On 26th March 2021, the Union Bank of India has launched an HPCL co-branded credit card named “UNI – CARBON CARD”.
UNI – CARBON CARD
- It is a unique card and has been designed in the collaboration of Union Bank of India and HPCL and Rupay.
- UNI – CARBON CARD will play a role in creating an opportunity to create value for the customers.
About Union Bank of India –
CEO: Rajkiran Rai G.
Owner: Government of India
Founded: 11 November 1919
SBI inks $1-bn loan agreement with Japan Bank for International Cooperation
In order to extend loans to the supply chain of the Japanese automobile industry in the country, the State Bank of India (SBI) raised $1 billion from the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).
- Prior to this, SBI signed a loan agreement of $1 billion in October 2020 with JBIC.
About State Bank of India –
Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Founded: 1 July 1955
11th Indo-US joint special forces exercise Vajra Prahar 2021
In Himachal Pradesh, Indian Special forces have participated in the 11th edition of the Indo-US joint special forces exercise named ‘Vajra Prahar 2021’. it was held at Special Forces Training School at Bakloh.
- The Vajra Prahar 2021 exercise will help in enhancing interoperability between the two sides.
Lewis Hamilton wins Bahrain Grand Prix
Mercedes’ Formula Driver Lewis Hamilton won the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix on 28th March 2021.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen and Valtteri Bottas got 2nd and 3rd place in the race.
- This was his 96th career win.
Puma as Official Kit Partner of Royal Challengers Bangalore
On 30th March 2021, Royal Challengers Bangalore has signed a strategic long-term partnership with global sports brand Puma. Puma will role as the official kit partner of RCB for IPL 2021 as per the terms of the deal.
Rishabh Pant as Delhi Capitals skipper in IPL 2021
On 30th March 2021, India batsman Rishabh Pant has been elected as captain of Delhi Capitals for IPL 2021. Shreyas Iyer got his left shoulder injuring during the England series.
Global Gender Gap Index 2021: India at 140th place
As per the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2021, India has dropped 28 places to rank 140th with 62.5 per cent of its gender gap among 156 countries. India becomes the 3rd worst performer in South Asia.
- In 2020, India was at 112th place among 153 countries in the Global Gender Gap Index.
- On the other hand, Bangladesh has been ranked 65, Nepal (106), Pakistan (153), Afghanistan (156), Bhutan (130) and Sri Lanka (116).
- In South Asia countries, only Pakistan and Afghanistan have been placed below India.
Noted Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbale to get Saraswati Samman 2020
Dr Sharankumar Limbale will be honoured with Saraswati Samman, 2020 for his book Sanatan. Sharankumar is known as a Marathi writer.
- his book Sanatan was published in the year 2018.
- The award carries fifteen lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
Beloved children’s author Beverly Cleary dies at 104
Beverly Cleary, the American writer of children’s and young adult fiction, has taken her last breath. she was 104 years old.
- She was one of America’s most successful authors.
- Her first book Henry Huggins was published in the year 1950.
1971 Battle of Basantar hero & Lt Gen Pinto (retd) died
The Lieutenant-General Shri Walter Anthony Gustavo ‘WAG’ Pinto (Retd) has taken his last breath at the age of 91. he is also known as a 1971 Battle of Basantar hero.
- He played an important role by leading the 54 Infantry Division in the Battle of Basantar in the war that gave birth to Bangladesh.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|