Noted Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbale to get Saraswati Samman 2020
Dr Sharankumar Limbale will be honoured with Saraswati Samman, 2020 for his book Sanatan. Sharankumar is known as a Marathi writer.
- his book Sanatan was published in the year 2018.
- The award carries fifteen lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbale
- he is a Marathi language author, poet and literary critic. but, famous for his autobiography Akkarmashi.
- he has written over 40 books.
|Born||June 1, 1956|
|Occupation||writer, poet, literary critic|
|Notable works||Akkarmashi (1984)|
Towards an Aesthetics of Dalit Literature (2004)
Saraswati Samman Award
- The Saraswati Samman is an annual award that is honoured for outstanding prose or poetry literary works in any of the 22 languages of India listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India.
- it is recognised as the most prestigious and highest literary award.
- In 1991, K K Birla Foundation instituted Saraswati Samman in the country.