Today Top Current Affairs 2 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 2 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launches “MyNEP2020” platform of NCTE Portal
On 1st April 2021, Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the “MyNEP2020” Platform of NCTE Web Portal.
- the main purpose of the MyNEP2020 portal is to get suggestions /inputs/ membership from the stakeholders for preparing the draft for the development of National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) and National Mission for Mentoring Program membership (NMM).
- The “MyNEP2020” platform will provide services between 1st April 2021 and 15th May 2021.
DRDO lab develops light weight Bullet Proof Jacket
DRDO lab Defence Materials and Stores Research and Development Establishment (DMSRDE), Kanpur has developed a lightweight Bullet Proof Jacket (BPJ). the Bullet Proof Jacket (BPJ) has a weight of 9kg.
- It will reduce weight and will enhance soldier comfort.
- prior to this, the weight of the medium-sized BPJ was 10.4 kg.
Subhash Kumar assumes additional charge as ONGC CMD
On 1st April 2021, Subhash Kumar has taken an additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
- Subhash is working as Director (Finance) of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
- He started serving as a Finance and Accounts Officer at ONGC in the year 1985.
- Apart from this, he has served as the Chief Financial Officer of Mansarovar Energy Colombia LTD between 2006 and 2010.
- later, he served as the Chief Commercial and Head Treasury in ONGC.
Mukhmeet Bhatia takes over as Director General of ESIC
On 1st April 2021, IAS Mukhmeet S Bhatia has taken over the charge of Director General of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) in New Delhi.
- Bhatia is IAS Officer of the 1990 batch of Jharkhand cadre.
- Prior to this, he has served as the Additional Secretary in the Dept. of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- also, he worked as the Principal Secretary in the Dept. of Labour & Employment and Women & Child Development in the Govt of Jharkhand.
World Autism Awareness Day 2021
World Autism Awareness Day is observed on April 2 every year across the world.
- The main objective of this day is to create awareness among people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) across the world.
- The theme for World Autism Awareness Day 2021: “Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World”.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 2nd April as World Autism Awareness Day. the resolution was passed in council on 1st November 2007 and this day was adopted on 18th December 2007.
International Children’s Book Day 2021
The day of 2nd April is observed as International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) every year across the world.
- The main purpose of this day is to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books.
- Theme of this day for 2021: “The Music of Words.”
- This day is being observed since 1967 by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY).
- IBBY is an international non-profit organization
Good Friday 2021
Good Friday is celebrated on 2nd April every year in order to commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary.
- This day also marks Jesus Christ’s sacrifice.
- This day is observed after the Christian holy day of Maundy Thursday and before the Last Supper of Jesus Christ.