Today Current Affairs 3 August 2022 | Current affairs today pdf download – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Government to release special commemorative postage stamp to honour Tricolour designer P Venkayya on 146th birth anniversary
The Govt of India released a special commemorative postage stamp on Pingali Venkayya, the designer of the national flag, on August 2nd, 2022. The day of August 02, 2022, marks the 146th birth anniversary of Pingali Venkayya, the designer of India’s national flag. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the stamp will be during an event “Tiranga Utsav” organised by the Ministry of Culture at Indira Gandhi Stadium, in New Delhi, on the occasion of his 146th Birth Anniversary.
- The “Tiranga Utsav” event will also show the original design of the national flag which was made by Pingali Venkayya.
- The current flag is the modified version of the first design flag.
- The Tiranga Utsav will also display the grand launch of the “Har Ghar Tiranga” anthem and video.
PM Modi meets Maldives President Solih, ink six pacts to broad-base ties
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Maldivian President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih launched the “Greater Male connectivity projects in the Maldives”. both leaders also signed pacts to expand cooperation in several key areas which include cooperation in capacity building, cyber security, housing, disaster management and infrastructure development in the Maldives.
- India will provide a USD 100 million grant and a USD 400 million line of Credit for Male connectivity projects.
- India extends a USD 100 million line of credit for development projects in the Maldives.
Auguste Tano Kouame of Côte d’Ivoire appointed as Country Director for India by World Bank
The World Bank has appointed Côte d’Ivoire national, Auguste Tano Kouame, as the Country Director for India. Auguste will serve for a period of five years and his term will come into effect from August 01, 2022.
- Auguste Tano Kouame of Côte d’Ivoire replaced Junaid Kamal Ahmad of Bangladesh.
- Auguste served as the World Bank’s Country Director for the Republic of Turkey.
Sashastra Seema Bal DG Sujoy Lal Thaosen gets additional charge as ITBP DG
Director General (DG) of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Mr Sujoy Lal Thaosen has been assigned with the additional charge as DG Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), his appointment will come into effect from August 01, 2022.
- Thaosen has replaced former ITBP DG Sanjay Arora who has now been assigned as the new Delhi Police Commissioner.
Indian-American engineering professor Kaushik Rajashekara wins 2022 Global Energy Prize
Kaushik Rajashekara won the Global Energy Prize for 2022 for his contributions to transportation electrification and energy efficiency technologies while reducing power generation emissions. Kaushik Rajashekara is an Indian-origin professor of Engineering at the University of Houston, USA.
- Kaushik is among only three people in the world who were chosen for the prestigious award in 2022, by the Global Energy Association.
- Viktor Orlov – a chief specialist of the Centre for Innovative Technologies (Rosatom in Russia) and pioneer in thermonuclear physics
India to participate in 17-nation drill “Pitch Black 2022” in Australia from August 19
India will join the mega air combat exercise named “Pitch Black 2022” among 17 nations, which is to be held in the Northern Territory of Australia. the exercise will witness the participation of around 100 aircraft and 2,500 military personnel from 17 countries.
- “Pitch Black 2022” military exercise will be held for three-week-long and will take place from August 19 to September 6, 2022.
- The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) believes “Pitch Black” is its “capstone” international engagement activity with the air forces of strategic partners and allies.
- The Australian Navy also participated in the Malabar naval exercise hosted by India in November 2020 as well as last year.
Book titled “Dangerous Earth” by Marine biologist Ellen Prager
Marine biologist Ellen Prager has released a book titled “Dangerous Earth: What we wish we knew about volcanoes, hurricanes, climate change, earthquakes and more”.
- “Dangerous Earth: What we wish we knew about volcanoes, hurricanes, climate change, earthquakes and more” book highlights the most compelling question: Why can’t we better predict natural disasters?.
“Lion Of The Skies: Hardit Singh Malik” Book By Stephen Barker
A new book titled “Lion of the Skies: Hardit Singh Malik, the Royal Air Force and the First World War” have been released, the book is all about an “India’s first fighter pilot” who participated in the World War, long before the Indian Air Force was born.
- Stephen Barker who is the author of the “Lion Of The Skies: Hardit Singh Malik” Book, explains in great detail, how challenging it was for an Indian to serve in the British armed forces, fighting racial discrimination – both institutional and interpersonal.
- Hardit Singh Malik served as a fighter pilot for both Royal Flying Corps (RFC) and the Royal Air Force (RAF) for fighting the Germans During World War 1st.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.