India will join the mega air combat exercise named “Pitch Black 2022” among 17 nations, which is to be held in the Northern Territory of Australia. the exercise will witness the participation of around 100 aircraft and 2,500 military personnel from 17 countries.
- “Pitch Black 2022” military exercise will be held for three-week-long and will take place from August 19 to September 6, 2022.
- The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) believes “Pitch Black” is its “capstone” international engagement activity with the air forces of strategic partners and allies.
- The Australian Navy also participated in the Malabar naval exercise hosted by India in November 2020 as well as last year.
Mega air combat exercise “Pitch Black 2022” countries
- The participating countries are the US, India, Australia, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, the Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, the UAE and the UK.
Pitch Black 2022
- Pitch Black military exercise is a biennial multi-national large force employment warfare exercise.
- It is hosted by Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
- It aims to foster a closer relationship between the participating forces and promote interoperability through the exchange of knowledge and experience.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.