Today Top Current Affairs 14 November 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Daily Current Affairs 14th November 2022
R K Singh launched the Green Energy Open Access Portal
Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R K Singh launched the Green Energy Open Access Portal through Video Conferencing to promote clean and green energy in the country. Any consumer can get Renewable Energy through open access from any Renewable Energy generating plant set up by himself; or by any developer with a connected load of 100 kW or above.
- The Green Energy Open Access Portal can be accessed at https://greenopenaccess.in/ for processing of applications associated with green energy open access by the stakeholders including open access participants, traders, Power Exchanges, National / Regional / State Load Despatch Centres, Central/State transmission utilities.
- The portal aims to offer a transparent, simplified, uniform, and streamlined procedure for granting open access to green energy.
- Electricity (Promoting Renewable Energy through Green Energy Open Access) Rules, 2022 was introduced by the Ministry of Power on 06th June 2022, aimed at the promotion of generation, purchase, and consumption of green energy including the energy from waste-to-energy plants.
Cochin Shipyard to build India’s first hydrogen fuel cell catamaran vessel
Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) to build the country’s first hydrogen fuel cell catamaran vessel for operation in Varanasi and electric hybrid vessels for Uttar Pradesh and Assam.
- As per the MoU, six electric catamaran vessels for UP and another two for Assam will be built.
- Electric catamaran vessels will have the 100-passenger capacity airconditioned hydrogen cell vessel in Varanasi and will also pave the way for the reduction in the usage of fossil fuels in the country’s national waterways.
- The vessel will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 250 MT annually.
Exercise Garuda-VII: Bilateral air exercise between India and France concludes
The 7th edition of the bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force (FASF) – called ‘Exercise Garuda-VII’ – concluded at the Air Force station in Jodhpur.
- Rafale fighter jets and A-330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft participated in the exercise from the FASF side.
- IAF contingent comprised Su-30 MKI, Rafale, LCA ‘Tejas’, and Jaguar fighter aircraft.
- Exercise Garuda-VII aims to interact professionally and share operational knowledge and experience between two Air Force regiments.
- Both nations were exposed to realistic air combat simulations and associated combat-support operations
17th G-20 Summit
PM will attend the G20 Leaders’ Summit which is scheduled on 14-16 November 2022 in Bali, Indonesia. the 17th G20 Leaders’ Summit will be chaired by Indonesia. G20 Summit 2021 was held in Rome (Italy) in October 2021. India will host the G20 Summit 2023.
- The G20 summit established in 1999 is the premier forum for international cooperation on the most important aspects of the international economic and financial agenda.
PM Modi lays foundation stone for 5 projects in Visakhapatnam
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a plaque for laying the foundation stone of five projects and dedicated two completed projects to the country at a public meeting in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam. PM Modi also unveiled the plaque at a public meeting held at the Andhra University Engineering College ground.
- PM Modi will dedicate Ramagundam Fertilisers and Chemicals Ltd to the nation.
C. Anandharamakrishnan assumes charge as NIIST Director
C. Anandharamakrishnan has assumed charge as Director of the National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), a Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) facility in Thiruvananthapuram. C. Anandharamakrishnan is an expert in chemical engineering and food processing.
- Dr. Anandharamakrishnan served as Senior Principal Scientist at the Food Engineering Department of the CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysuru.
- He also worked as Director of the National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Management, Thanjavur (NIFTEM-T), between 2016 and 2022.
- He completed his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Loughborough University, UK.
Greg Barclay unanimously re-elected as ICC Chairman for two-year term
The ICC board has unanimously re-elected Greg Barclay as the Independent Chair of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a second two-year term.
- Barclay is an Auckland-based commercial lawyer and was originally appointed as the ICC Chair in November 2020.
- He also was the Chair of New Zealand Cricket (NZC) and was a director of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2015.
Asian Elite Boxing Championship 2022
Indian boxers Lovlina Borgohain, Parveen Hooda, Sweety, and Alfiya Pathan won Gold medals at the Asian Championships in Amman, Jordan on 11th November 2022.
- In 63 kg Parveen secured 5-0 victory over Japan’s Kito Mai,
- In 75 kg Lovlina defeated Ruzmetova Sokhiba of Uzbekistan,
- In 81 kg Saweety defeated Gulsaya Yerzhan of Kazakhstan and
- in 52 kg Minakshi win the silver medal, a total of 267 boxers from 27 countries are taking part in the event.
UK’s West Midlands Region to Host 2025 Kabaddi World Cup
The West Midlands region of the United Kingdom will host The Kabaddi World Cup 2025, was announced by World Kabaddi Federation (WKF).
- The UK region will host the sport’s most prestigious global tournament in 2025 and will feature the world’s best kabaddi players from leading men’s and women’s teams, including India, Iran, and Pakistan.
- The 2025 Kabaddi World Cup will be conducted by England Kabaddi, Scottish Kabaddi, and the British Kabaddi League.
- Kabaddi World Cup 2025 tournament will be held across the West Midlands during the first quarter of 2025.
- The 2025 Kabaddi World Cup will be the 1st edition after the 2020 edition.
15th Asian Airgun Championship 2022 begins at Daegu South Korea
The 15th Asian Airgun Championship 2022 is being conducted at Daegu in South Korea. it is the first Rifle/Pistol Asian Shooting Confederation Championship that is to be counted towards the new Asian Ranking System.
- Manu Bhaker, Mehuli Ghosh, Arjun Babuta, and Divyansh Singh Panwar were named in the 36-strong Indian contingents set to take part in the championship.
- Asian Airgun Championship 2022 is scheduled to be conducted from 9 to the 19th of this month at Daegu International Shooting Range.
World Diabetes Day 2022
Every Year, World Diabetes Day is celebrated on November 14th across the world. this day also marks the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting, who discovered the insulin hormone along with Charles Herbert Best in 1922.
- In 1991, International Diabetes Foundation (IDF) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) established World Diabetes Day in order to raise awareness about growing concerns that escalating health threat posed by the ailment.
- In 2006, the United Nations designated World Diabetes Day officially with the passage of a resolution to this effect.
- The theme for World Diabetes Day 2022 is “Access to Diabetes Care – If Not Now, When?”, the theme shares a message for diabetes care.
World Kindness Day 2022
Every year, World Kindness Day is observed on November 13th across the world to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness that binds us.
- In 1998, an organization called The World Kindness Movement observed World Kindness Day first time. In the United Kingdom, Kindness Day UK is held by Kindness UK.
- In 2010, Kindness Day UK was launched on 13th November. with time, individuals, schools, charities, institutions, and businesses joined the celebration of Kindness Day UK.
- The theme of world kindness day 2022 is “Be kind whenever possible“
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.