List of All Presidents of India From 1950 to 2022 – The President is considered the head of the country and is the 1st citizen of India. as per Article 53 of the Indian Constitution, The President will have all the executive powers of the Union.
List of Presidents in India
|S.N.||Name||Tenure (Starting)||Tenure (Closing)|
|1.||Dr. Rajendra Prasad||26 January 1950||13 May 1962|
|2.||Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan||13 May 1962||13 May 1967|
|3.||Dr. Zakir Hussain||13 May 1967||3 May 1969|
|4.||Varahagiri Venkata Giri||3 May 1969||20 July 1969|
|5.||Varahagiri Venkata Giri||24 August 1969||24 August 1974|
|6.||Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed||24 August 1974||11 February 1977|
|7.||Neelam Sanjiva Reddy||25 July 1977||25 July 1982|
|8.||Giani Zali Singh||25 July 1982||25 July 1987|
|9.||Ramaswamy Venkataraman||25 July 1987||25 July 1992|
|10.||Shankar Dayal Sharma||25 July 1992||25 July 1997|
|11.||Kocheril Raman Narayanan||25 July 1997||25 July 2002|
|12.||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam||25 July 2002||25 July 2007|
|13.||Pratibha Patil||25 July 2007||25 July 2012|
|14.||Pranab Mukherjee||25 July 2012||25 July 2017|
|15.||Shri Ram Nath Kovind||25 July 2017||21 July 2022|
|16.||Draupadi Murmu||21 July 2022||Working|
1. Dr Rajendra Prasad
- Dr Rajendra Prasad served as the first President of India for a period of 10 years. Prasad was also known as a resident of the Constituent Assembly and the Chief Leader of the Indian Independence Movement. in the year 1962, he was honoured with the Bharat Ratna award.
2. Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- On the day of 5th September 1888, he was born. this is also observed as Teacher’s Day across the country. in the year 1954, he was given Bharat Ratna award.
3. Dr Zakir Husain
- Dr Zakir Husain was India’s first Muslim President and he passed away during being President. V.V. Giri was chosen as the next President. Zakir Husain served as President between 13 May 1967 and 3rd May 1969.
4. V. V. Giri
- V.V (Varahagiri Venkata) Giri was chosen as the 4th Indian President. he was the only President who was chosen President of India as an independent candidate. he was honoured with Bharat Ratna Award in 1975.
5. Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed became the 5th Indian President and he passed away at the post of President. after, BD Jattha served as President with immediate effect.
6. Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
- Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy was elected as the 6th President of India. he was the 1st CM of Andhra Pradesh State. he was named to be President and prior to this, he was serving as Lok Sabha speaker.
7. Giani Zail Singh
- Before appointing President, Zail Singh was serving as Chief Minister of Punjab and he was also the Minister at the Centre. his govt faced many incidents such as the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, Indira Gandhi’s death and Operation Blue Star.
8. R. Venkataraman
- R. Venkataraman served between 25 July 1987 and 25 July 1992, before being President, he was serving as Vice-President of India. he completed his tenure from 1984 to 1987. he was awarded “Tamra Patra” for making contributions to India’s freedom struggle.
9. Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma
- Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma became the 9th President of India between 1952 and 1956. he also served as Chief Minister of Bhopal and Cabinet Minister between 1956 and 1967.
10. K R Narayanan
- K. R. Narayanan was 1st ever Dalit who was elected as President of India and along with it, he became 1st Malayali who got the highest office in India. he also addressed the state assembly.
11. Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- Dr A. P.J. Abdul Kalam was known as the ‘Missile Man of India’. he was a scientist and assumed charge as President. he played an important role in Rohini-1 satellites, Agni and Prithvi missiles. APJ was honoured Bharat Ratna Award in 1997.
12. Shrimati Pratibha Singh Patil
Before being President, she was serving as Governor of Rajasthan state. she was also a member of the Maharashtra Legislative between 1962 and 1985. Pratibha Singh Patil was the 1st woman president who got an opportunity to fly Sukhoi.
13. Pranab Mukherjee
- Pranab Mukherjee was known as ‘Pranab Da’. he served as Indian president from 2012 to 2017. in the year 2019, he was honoured with the Bharat Ratna award. He became the 5th Indian president who received this Bharat Ratna award.
- he also served as Union minister and handled important foreign, defence, commerce and finance portfolios. During Indira Gandhi’s Cabinet, he got an opportunity to be the finance minister. between 1973 and 1974, he also served as a deputy minister for finance.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.