Interesting Facts about Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan: Today is Teachers Day, we thank our teachers who have made a lot of efforts to show the right path of life. we all know that we can not explain the importance of Teachers in the words. let’s come to point, today (5th September) is Teachers day. on this day, we also remember a person who paid a lot of contribution in the field of education. his name is Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. here, we are going to tell Interesting Facts about Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Interesting Facts –
- In 1888, Dr Radhakrishnan took birth on 5th September at Tiruttani in Tamil Nadu. his father name was Sarvepalli Veeraswami and his mother name was Sitamma. he got the marriage with Sivakamu (Wife) and he had five daughters and one son.
- During his academic life, he got scholarships. he was 17 years old when he went to study at Voorhees College in Vellore and later, he moved to the Madras Christian College. he completed a Master’s degree in the subject of Philosophy in the year 1906 and he became the professor in College.
- After 1947. he was known as Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan in the country. along with it, he was chosen as Spalding Professor of Eastern Religions and Ethics at the University of Oxford.
- In 1946, He was selected to the Constituent Assembly. apart from this, he was chosen as the ambassador to UNESCO and later to Moscow.
- In the year 1952, he was elected as first Vice President of India. he also served as 2nd Indian President (independent ) in the year 1962.
Awards to Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan –
|Bharat Ratna Award||1954|
|Order pour le Merite for Arts and Science (German)||1954|
|Peace Prize of the German Book Trade||1961|
|Order of Merit||1963|
- Andhra University – Vice-Chancellor – 1931- 1936.
- Banaras Hindu University – Vice-Chancellor – 1939- 1948
- Delhi University – Chancellor – 1953- 1962
- He established Helpage India, is a non-profit organisation that helps elderly underprivileged people.
- On 5th September, Teachers’ Day was started observing in order to pay tribute, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, since 1962.
Death of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan –
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan passed away on 17th April 1975.