Invest India as President of Geneva-based WAIPA for 2021-2023
Invest India is elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) for 2021-2023. it is a young startup within the Indian Government.
- For 2021-23, Invest India will work as President of Geneva-based WAIPA, and Egypt and Switzerland will serve as Vice Presidents.
- There will be 9 Regional Directors including Brazil, South Korea, Finland, Kuwait, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Ghana, and Samoa.
Steering Committee of WAIPA for 2021-23 members
|Two Vice Presidents||– Egypt |
|9 Regional Directors||Brazil, South Korea, Finland, Kuwait,|
Costa Rica, Cyprus, Azerbaijan,
Ghana, and Samoa.
World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA)
- It is an international Non-governmental organization, and Its headquarter is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It was founded by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) in 1995.
- The main purpose of WAIPA is to help in enhancing economic development and FDI.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.