51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award: Rajinikanth conferred with India’s highest film honor
51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award: The popular and stylish actor Rajnikanth has been awarded the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award at the 67th National Film Awards ceremony by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. the ceremony was held at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi. Rajnikanth has made an outstanding contribution to the world of Indian cinema.
- The Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2019 was to be conferred to its recipient’s but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2019 National Film Awards was postponed by the officials.
About Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is known as India’s highest honour in cinema.
- the Directorate of Film Festivals established the award for outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Indian cinema in 1969.
- The award was named after Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, who is called the father of Indian cinema.
- The Dadasaheb Phalke Award includes a Swarna Kamal (Golden Lotus) medallion, a shawl and a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2018 winner
- Legendary Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan won the 50th Dadasaheb Phalke Award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.