France launches military communications satellite called Syracuse 4A
France has launched a state-of-the-art satellite called ‘Syracuse 4A’ into orbit. the Syracuse 4A satellite was launched by Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, in French Guiana.
- It will help in enabling France’s armed forces across the globe to communicate swiftly and securely.
- It will also be capable to conduct surveys of its close surroundings and move itself to escape an attack.
About Syracuse 4A
- Syracuse IV can generate a throughput three times higher (1.5 Gbit/sec) than Syracuse III by operating in two bands: X and Ka.
- France will deploy its three satellites in orbit: the second satellite will be carried off in 2022.
- Syracuse IV programme has been spent EUR3.6 billion (nearly USD4.2 billion).
- Syracuse IV will be the first French military satellite that will help in detecting other satellites.
About France –
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Capital: Paris
- Prime Minister – Jean Castex
- Currency – Euro
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.