Daily Current Affairs 23 March 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
|Subscribe To YouTube|
|Follow Us on Instagram|
|Join Facebook Page|
PM Modi to visit Varanasi on March 24
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit his parliamentary constituency Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh on March 24th, 2023 to address the One World TB Summit. PM Modi will lay the foundation stone of various projects worth more than Rs. 1,780 crores on the occasion. The integrated pack house is being built at Karkhiyaon near the Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport in Varanasi, aimed at increasing agricultural exports of Varanasi and the surrounding region.
Amit Shah to inaugurate Vedic Heritage Portal in New Delhi
Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates the Vedic Heritage portal, aimed at helping researchers in a deeper understanding of the Vedic knowledge tradition. it will also help the common people to have a general understanding of the ancient scriptures.
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts hosted the Vedic Heritage portal will be launched during the week-long IGNCA Foundation Day celebrations.
Income tax dept launches mobile app AIS for Taxpayers
The Income Tax Department has launched a Mobile app namely AIS for taxpayers. The AIS Mobile app will be free of cost and aims to facilitate the taxpayers to view their information as available in the Annual Information Statement (AIS) and Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS).
- Taxpayers can view various information related to TDS, interest, share transactions, tax payments, Income Tax refunds and GST Data among others.
- Users can give feedback on the information displayed in the app.
US Federal Reserve hikes interest rate by 25 basis points to curb inflation
The US central bank has increased interest rates again, despite fears that the move can add to financial turmoil after a string of recent bank failures. The Federal Reserve hiked its key rate by 0.25% points and said various actions may be appropriate as consumer prices continue to climb.
- Two US banks – Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank collapsed due to problems caused by higher interest rates.
Venezuelan President appoints PDVSA head Pedro Rafael Tellechea as new oil minister
On 21st March 2023, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro appointed Pedro Rafael Tellechea, the head of the state oil company PDVSA, as the country’s new oil minister. A Former Minister, Tareck El Aissami, resigned following the arrest of several government officials and judges in connection with the graft scam.
Indian Railways completes 100% electrification of Odisha
Indian Railways has a 100% electrified existing Broad Gauge network of Odisha, achieving Net Zero Carbon Emitter by 2030. The existing Broad Gauge network of Odisha is 2,822 Route kilometres, which is 100% electrified.
- Some of the prestigious trains of Odisha state are: Howrah-Puri Express, Konark Express, Coromandel Express, Hirakud Express, Visakha Express, and Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express.
Rajasthan passed the Advocates Protection Bill
Rajasthan State created history by becoming the first state in the country to pass a law to ensure the safety of lawyers. On March 22, 2023, the Rajasthan assembly decided to pass the Advocates Protection Bill. The bill will be implemented into an act, which will be known as the Advocate Protection Act 2023.
- The Advocates Protection Bill aims to ensure the protection and safety of lawyers.
- The Advocates Protection Act will prevent lawyers from assault, grievous hurt, criminal force and intimidation.
- It will also cover any damage or loss to their property.
Indian Railways completes 100% electrification of Odisha
AFINDEX 2023: Second Africa-India joint military exercise begins in Pune
The second edition of the Africa-India Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX 2023) began at the Foreign Training Node (FTN) of the Indian Army located at Aundh Military Station in Pune. AFINDEX 2023 will be held for 10 days and aims to focus on Humanitarian Mine Assistance and United Nations Peacekeeping Operations.
- The multinational military drill aims to offer the idea of Africa-India Militaries for Regional Unity (AMRUT).
India’s Most Valuable Celebrity List 2022
Actor Ranveer Singh has been named India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022, surpassing Indian cricketer Virat Kohli who held the top spot for five years, as per the report by Kroll, a corporate investigation and risk consulting firm. Kroll released the report titled “Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2022: Beyond the Mainstream” revealing that Singh’s brand value is $181.7 million.
- Virat Kohli occupied second place with a brand value of $176.9 million in India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022.
- In 2020, Kohli’s brand value was over $237 million and in 2021 to $185.7 million.
- Actor Akshay Kumar remained in third position with a brand value of $153.6 million.
- Alia Bhatt also retained the fourth spot and the title of the most-valued female celebrity with a valuation of $102.9 million.
Stadium Named After Hockey Star Rani Rampal
Indian team’s star hockey player Rani Rampal becomes the first woman in the sport to have a stadium named after her, in Rae Bareli. The MCF Rae Bareli has renamed the hockey stadium as ‘Rani’s Girls Hockey Turf’.
- Rani last played against Belgium in the FIH Women’s Hockey Pro League 2021-22, where she won her 250th cap for India.
Martyrs Day (Shaheed Diwas) on 23 March
Shaheed Diwas or Martyrs’ Day is being celebrated on 23rd March in India to commemorate the hanging of India’s three freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru. The three freedom fighters were hanged by the colonialists on 23rd March 1931, in Lahore Jail.
World Meteorological Day 2023
Every year, World Meteorological Day is observed on 23 March to celebrate the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) that took place on 23 March 1950. The day aims to highlight the great contribution of the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services in maintaining the well-being and safety of societies all around the globe. The theme of World Meteorological Day 2023 is “The future of weather, climate and water across generations.”
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.