World’s first public database on fossil fuels ‘Global Registry of Fossil Fuels’ launched – Carbon Tracker and Global Energy Monitor launched the “first-ever fully transparent” public database named Global Registry of Fossil Fuels which tracks fossil fuels across the world. The Global Registry of Fossil Fuels has data from more than 50,000 oil, gas and coal fields in 89 countries.
- It was launched to coincide with the two important international climate talks – the UNGA.
- UNGA was held in New York on September 13 and COP27 will be organized in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt in November.
Global Registry of Fossil Fuels
- Global Registry of Fossil Fuels is the world’s first public database on fossil fuel reserves, production and emissions.
- It will remove gaps in knowledge about the global supply of oil, gas and coal.
- The inventory will enable policymakers to better manage their phase-out.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|