UNEP launches Green Fins Hub – The United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the UK-based charity Reef-World Foundation launched the Green Fins Hub, aimed at boosting sustainable marine tourism. The Reef-World Foundation has developed this platform in collaboration with the UNEP. The Green Fins Hub is the first-ever global marine tourism industry platform which aims to help diving and snorkelling operators across the world to make simple, cost-efficient changes in their daily practices by implementing international best practices that promote the sustainability of marine tourism.
- The Green Fins Hub will enable operators to keep track of their yearly improvement and communicate with their communities and customers.
- The platform will also help in creating awareness regarding the global best practices to protect coral reefs and their fragile marine ecosystems.
Green Fins Community Forum
- It will enable operators to discuss environmental issues, and share best practices.
- The Green Fins Community Forum in this platform would also raise the industry needs of the governments, non-profits and the overall industry.
Green Fins Solutions Library
- The Green Fins Solutions Library has some 100 proven environmental solutions for solving daily operational challenges.
Action Plan Tracker
- It will make enable members to receive an annual sustainability action plan with specific goals.
- It has two types of membership – Digital Membership and Green Fin Certified Members.
About United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) –
Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
Founded: 5 June 1972, Nairobi, Kenya
Founder: Maurice Strong
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|