What is CAATSA – CAATSA is a piece of US legislation that imposes sanctions on American Adversaries and the full form of CAATSA is ‘Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act. The US is considering applying or waiving sanctions on India for its purchase of an S-400 Triumf missile defence system from Russia country.
What is CAATSA 2023?
- CAATSA is a US law and stands for ‘Countering America’s Adversaries through Sanctions Act’
- The USA can impose sanctions on any country that has significant transactions with Iran, North Korea or Russia under CAATSA.
- CAATSA law is in force since August 2017.
- As per the law, the USA can apply economic & financial penalties for any nation that interacts with Russia on arms.
Sanctions are under CAATSA?
- Countering Iran’s destabilizing activities act of 2017
- Countering Russian Influence in Europe and Eurasia Act of 2017
- Korean interdiction and Modernization of Sanctions Act
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.