What is UNGA: Know about its Composition and power – UNGA is one of the six major agencies of the United Nations and the full form of UNGA is the United Nations, General Assembly. it aims to provide a unique forum for multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international issues covered by the charter of the United Nations.
- Brazil country is the 1st member state to speak in the general debate of the assembly.
- the United States of America (USA) is the 2nd member state to speak as host.
Composition of UNGA:
- In 1945, Under the charter of the United Nations, The United Nations General Assembly was founded.
- it acts as the chief deliberative, policymaking and representative organ of the United Nations.
- The UNGA has 193 members countries and each has one vote in the assembly.
- The main purpose of the UNGA is to provide a unique platform for multilateral discussion of the whole range of international issues falling under the charter.
What are the Powers of UNGA:
- It can offer recommendations to states on international problems under its jurisdiction.
- Can use its power to initiate actions including political, economic, humanitarian, social and legal.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.