Today Top Current Affairs 11 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 11 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 11 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
SpaceX will launch DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon
SpaceX (owned by Elon Musk) is ready to launch the “DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon”. the commercial lunar payload has been paid entirely in the cryptocurrency Dogecoin by Canadian company Geometric Energy Corporation.
- DOGE-1 satellite has been scheduled to be launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket in the first quarter of the year 2022.
- SpaceX will launch a 40-kilogram cube satellite dubbed as DOGE-1 Under the mission and will receive “lunar-spatial intelligence from sensors and cameras on-board”.
NITI Aayog Releases Report on Connected Commerce: Creating a Roadmap for a Digitally Inclusive Bharat with Mastercard
On 10th May 2021, NITI Aayog released a report headlined ‘Connected Commerce: Creating a Roadmap for a Digitally Inclusive Bharat’ in collaboration with Mastercard.
- The report marks the challenges faced in accelerating digital financial inclusion in the country.
- it also offers suggestions to make digital services accessible to its 1.3 billion citizens.
Anupam Kher won the Best Actor Award at New York City International Film Festival
Indian actor Anupam Kher has clinched the Best Actor award at the New York City International Film Festival 2021. he got this award for his performance in the short film “Happy Birthday”. along with it, Happy Birthday also received the Best Short Film award at the film festival.
Happy Birthday film
Directed by – Prasad Kadam
produced by – FNP Media.
Babar Azam and Alyssa Healy win ICC Players of the Month for April 2021
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has elected the captain of the Pakistan Cricket team Babar Azam as ICC Men’s Player of the Month for April 2021.
- Also, Alyssa Healy (Australia ) was named for the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for April 2021 in the Women’s category.
Alexander Zverev clinched 2021 Madrid Open, beats Matteo Berrettini
The German Tennis player Alexander Zverev has won the 2021 Madrid Open Men’s Singles tennis title. in the final match, Alexander defeated Italy’s Matteo Berrettini by 6–7, 6–4, 6–3 points.
- Zverev has received his 4th Masters 1000 crown and 2nd Madrid Open title, after winning the first title in the year 2018.
- In the men’s double category, the Pair of Marcel Granollers (Spain) and Horacio Zeballos (Argentina) clinched the title and beat Nikola Mektić and Mate Pavic, both of Croatia by 1–6, 6–3, [10–8].
National Technology Day 2021
The National Technology Day is observed on 11th May every year in India. this day marks the anniversary of the 1998 Pokhran nuclear tests and India’s technological advancements in space. it also aims to encourage students to adopt science as a career option.
- In the year 1998, India tested successfully an Operation Shakti missile at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in Rajasthan.
- the aerospace engineer and President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam led Operation Shakti missile.
National Technology Day 2021: Theme
this year the theme of the National Technology Day 2021 theme is “Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future”.
International Day of Argania 2021
The day of 10th May is observed as “International Day of Argania”. the main purpose of this day is to recognize the important role of the argan tree in economic empowerment and financial inclusion of local communities.
- On 3rd May 2021, The United Nations General Assembly declared this day.