Today Top Current Affairs 9 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
RBI launches “BE(A)WARE” – A Booklet on Modus Operandi of Financial Frauds
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched a booklet titled “BE(A)WARE”. it features common modus operandi used by fraudsters and precautions to be taken while carrying out various financial transactions.
- The main purpose of it is to enhance public awareness about various types of financial fr
RBI launches UPI123pay for feature phones and DigiSaathi- a 24×7 Helpline for Digital Payments
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched two initiatives such as UPI123pay and “DigiSaathi” on March 08, 2022.
UPI123pay- UPI payment facility –
- UPI123pay- UPI payment facility will provide UPI payment facility on feature phones.
- Users can access UPI through NUUP (National Unified USSD Platform) using the short code of *99#.
- UPI123Pay includes
App-based Functionality: An app would be installed on the feature phone through which several UPI functions, available on smartphones, will also be available on feature phones.
Missed Call: Users will be allowed to access their bank account and perform routine transactions such as receiving, transferring funds, regular purchases, bill payments, etc.,
The 24×7 Helpline – ‘DigiSaathi’ – Automated responses on information related to digital payment products and services are available in Hindi and English through multiple options.
- (a) toll-free number (1800-891-3333),
- (b) a short code (14431),
- (c) website – www.digisaathi.info
President Ram Nath Kovind Presents 29 Women With Nari Shakti Award on Women’s Day
President Ramnath Kovind has presented the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ 2020 and 2021 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on 8th March 2022 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- 29 women were awarded for their outstanding and exceptional work towards the empowerment of women, especially the vulnerable and marginalised.
List of Awardees: Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020
Iran successfully launches second military satellite Noor-2 into orbit
Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Iran has successfully launched a military satellite named Noor-2, into orbit on March 08, 2022. the Noor-2 satellite is at an altitude of 500 kilometres (311 miles) from the earth.
- Prior to this, Islamic Republic launched its first military satellite, Noor in April 2020 at an orbit of 425km (265 miles) above the earth’s surface.
Russia becomes world’s most sanctioned country, surpasses Iran
Russia has become the world’s most-sanctioned nation and has surpassed Iran and North Korea. as per a global sanctions-tracking database, Russia faced 2,778 new sanctions, bringing the total to 5,530
- Iran has faced 3,616 sanctions and Syria and North Korea have 2,608 and 2,077 sanctions, respectively.
Petascale Supercomputer “PARAM Ganga” established at IIT Roorkee under National Supercomputing Mission
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee has installed 1.66 PFLOPS Supercomputing Infrastructure under Phase II of National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) on 7th March 2022, is a joint initiative of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- it will help in accelerating research and development in multidisciplinary domains of science and engineering.
- 1.66 PFLOPS Supercomputing Infrastructure aims to provide computational power to the user community of IIT Roorkee and neighbouring academic institutions
5th United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5)
The 5th United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5) was conducted in Nairobi between 28 February and 02 March 2022.
- 5th UN Environment Assembly was concluded with 14 resolutions, aiming to strengthen international action for climate, nature and a pollution-free planet so that the Sustainable Development Goals could be achieved.
- the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) hosted the 5th UN Environment Assembly and helped in bringing together representatives of the 193 Member States of the UN, businesses, civil society and other stakeholders to address the world’s most pressing environmental challenges.
- The theme for the 5th United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5) was “Strengthening Actions for Nature to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals”.
India Ranked ‘Partially Free’ Again by Freedom House, Score Falls 4 Points
India has been ranked as a “partially free” country for the second consecutive year in the annual report of Freedom House in terms of democracy and free society. the annual report titled “Freedom in the World 2022 – The Global Expansion of Authoritarian Rule” was released by Freedom House.
- India has scored 66 out of 100 in 2022. in the last year, India had scored 67 in 2021. India was a free country till 2020 when its score was 71.
Daily Current Affairs 9th March 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.