Today Top Current Affairs 8 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 8th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
START TEST: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 8th October 2021
PM Modi dedicates to nation 35 PSA Oxygen Plants setup under PM CARES
Prime Minister Modi has dedicated 35 Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Oxygen Plants to the country via a video-conferencing, during an event at AIIMS Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
- 35 PSA Oxygen Plants have been established under PM CARES and are located in 35 States and Union Territories.
- Under the PM-CARES (Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation) fund, Govt has provided funding to 1,224 PSA oxygen plants.
P L Haranadh assumes charge as Chairman of Paradip Port Trust
Shri P L Haranadh has been appointed as the new Chairman of Paradip Port Trust (PPT). Haranadh is an Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) officer of the 1994 batch.
He has served for 22 years in the Indian Railways and 5 years in the Ministry of Shipping.
BharatPe launches ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ platform- “postpe”
Fintech company BharatPe has announced to launch of a new solution to provide credit to customers on the ‘Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform named “postpe”.
- The new platform will help in offering credit to customers to buy now but pay later from anywhere.
- Customers can take advantage of an interest-free credit limit of up to Rs 10 lakh.
- Postpe can be used for micro-purchases.
- It aims to facilitate a loan book of $300 million on postpe in the first 12 months for its lending partners.
- customers can shop across offline as well as online and repay easily through EMIs.
- It also facilities making payments through the QR code.
- A postpe card can be used for e-commerce platforms
Tanzanian novelist Abdulrazak Gurnah wins 2021 Nobel Prize in Literature
Tanzanian novelist Abdulrazak Gurnah has received the 2021 Nobel Prize in literature for his uncompromising and compassionate penetration of the effects of colonialism and the fate of the refugee in the gulf between cultures and continents.
- The Nobel Prize in literature is awarded by the Swedish Academy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- The Swedish Academy, Stockholm, Sweden has presented the Nobel Prize in literature.
- The award includes 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.14 million).
Forbes India Rich List 2021: Mukesh Ambani tops with net worth of $92.7 billion
Forbes India Rich List 2021 that ranks India’s 100 richest Indians has been released on October 7th, 2021. as per the list, Reliance Industries MD and Chairman Mukesh Ambani have retained the top position again with a net worth of $92.7 billion.
- Followed by, Gautam Adani, the founder of Adani Group, and Tech tycoon Shiv Nadar have ranked at 2nd and 3rd position with a net worth of $74.8 billion and $31 billion respectively.
- Radhakishan Damani has received the 4th spot in the Forbes India Rich List 2021 with a net worth nearly doubling to $29.4 billion from $15.4 billion.
Wada Kolam Rice (Zini Rice) gets GI Tag
Wada Kolam of Maharashtra has received the ‘Geographical Indication’ (GI) tag. Wada Kolam is a rice variety widely grown in the Palghar district.
- Now, Wada Kolam has a unique identity as well as a wider market base.
- The traditional variety of Wada Kolam rice is grown in the Wada tehsil of Palghar district in Maharashtra, and it is called Zini or Jhini rice.
World Egg Day 2021: 2nd Friday of October
Every year, World Egg Day is celebrated on the Second (2nd) Friday of October month across the world since 1996.
- The main purpose of this is to raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and their importance in human nutrition.
- In 2021, World Egg Day is being observed on October 8th, 2021.
- The theme 2021 for World Egg Day is “Eggs for all: Nature’s perfect package”
World Investor Week 2021
The World Investor Week (WIW) is celebrated by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) every year. the purpose of World Investor Week is to raise awareness about the importance of investor education and protection and highlight the various initiatives of securities regulators in these two critical areas.
- In 2021, the 5th annual World Investor Week is being celebrated, starting from 4th October 2021 and will end on 10th October 2021.
- The 2021 World Investor Week (WIW) campaign will be based on two themes: Sustainable finance, and frauds and scams prevention
Indian Air Force Day 2021: 89th Anniversary of Establishment IAF
Every year, Air Force Day is celebrated on 8 October to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Indian Air Force (IAF) in the year 1932.
- India will celebrate the 89th anniversary of the official foundation day of the Indian Air force in 2021.
- On 8 October 1932, the Indian Air Force was established by the British Empire as the Royal Indian Air Force.
- In 1950, The name was changed to Indian Air Force