Today Top Current Affairs 8 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 8th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 8th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
India-UK Launches Green Grids Initiative One Sun One World One Grid at COP26
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson have launched a ‘green grids’ initiative named the One Sun One World One Grid (OSOWOG) project—on the sidelines of the COP26 summit during the World Leaders’ Summit of COP26 on November 02, 2021.
- The main purpose of the One Sun One World One Grid (OSOWOG) project is to connect energy grids across borders to facilitate a faster transition to the use of renewable energy.
- The Steering Committee of GGI-OSOWOG contains five members such as India, the UK, the US, Australia and France.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will play a role in establishing a solar calculator to inform countries about the solar potential of any place on the earth using satellite data.
Sudha Murty authors “The Sage with Two Horns”
Renowned Indian author Sudha Murty has authored her new book for children named “The Sage with Two Horns”, which has been published by Puffin and has illustrations by Priyankar Gupta. the book is about to resolve around lesser-known facts of Indian mythology.
- It is the fifth and final in the series of ‘Unusual Tales from mythology’ by the author Sudha Murty.
- It includes the tales about kings and queens, gods and goddesses, sages and extraordinary men and women of wisdom.
Murty has authored novels, technical books, travelogues, collections of short stories and non-fiction pieces, and bestselling books for children.
- The Man from the Egg,
- Serpent’s Revenge
- The Upside-Down King
- The Daughter from the Wishing Tree
World Urbanism Day 2021
World Urbanism Day is observed on 8th November every year across the world by the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP). this day is also known as “World Town Planning Day”. the main purpose of it is to recognise and promote the role of planning in creating livable communities.
- In 1949, The international organisation for WUD day was founded by the late Professor Carlos Maria della Paolera of the University of Buenos Aires.
- World Urbanism Day also represents the environmental impact resulting from the development of cities and territories.
International Day of Radiology 2021
Every year, World Radiography Day or International Day of Radiology is observed on 8th November to commemorate the discovery of X-radiation, or X-rays.
- It also aims to promote the role of medical imaging in modern healthcare.
- The theme for International Day of Radiology 2021 is ‘Interventional Radiology – Active care for the patient’
- In 1895, German scientist Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen discovered X-radiation, or X-rays and was honoured with the Nobel Prize in Physics for this achievement in 1901.
- In 2012, The first World Radiography Day was celebrated by the European Society of Radiology (ESR), Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), and American College of Radiology (ACR).
- In addition, the World Radiography Day celebrations took the place of the European Day of Radiology, with November 8, the anniversary of X-ray discovery by Rontgen has been chosen for annual celebrations.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|