Today Top Current Affairs 10 November 2021
Daily Current Affairs 10th November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz 10th November 2021
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Third Goa Maritime Conclave 2021 Begins
The 3rd edition of Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) – 2021 has been started on 7th November 2021 and will end on 09 November 2021 under the aegis of Naval War College, Goa. the GMC 2021 has been hosted by the Indian Navy.
- The theme of Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) – 2021 is “Maritime Security and Emerging Non-Traditional Threats: A Case for Proactive Role for IOR Navies”
- GMC 2021 will also include 12 Indian Ocean Region countries comprising Bangladesh, Comoros, Indonesia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
Britain becomes first country to approve Merck’s Covid-19 pill molnupiravir
Britain has become the first country in the world that has given its approval for a COVID-19 antiviral pill named “Lagevrio (molnupiravir)“. the molnupiravir COVID-19 antiviral pill has been jointly developed by U.S.-based Merck & Co Inc and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics.
- The Pill will help in fighting against the pandemic Covid-19.
- The molnupiravir pill is safe and effective and can halve the chances of dying or being hospitalised for those most at risk of developing severe COVID-19 when given early in the illness.
Google Pay Partners With SBI General Insurance to Offer Health Insurance on Platform
SBI General Insurance has made a partnership with the digital payments platform Google Pay to provide Health Insurance for users. customers will be able to buy SBI General’s health insurance plan directly through the Google Pay app.
- SBI General has planned to expand its distribution of insurance solutions through digital channels.
- Now, Google Pay users can purchase health insurance plans.
Bandhan Bank appoints Zubeen Garg as brand ambassador in Assam
Bandhan Bank has appointed Indian singer, actor, and composer, Zubeen Garg as its brand ambassador for the Bank in Assam. this is the first time ever that Bandhan Bank has onboarded a brand ambassador.
- Bandhan Bank has also lauched a brand-new music video by Zubeen, titled ‘Axom Amaar Mone Praane‘. it highlights the diverse elements of Assamese culture and heritage.
- The song and video have been produced courtesy of Bandhan Bank.
SBI launches video life certificate service for pensioners
The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a video life certificate service for pensioners which allows pensioners to submit their life certificates through a simple video call. it will be completely paperless and free of cost.
- A life certificate will be required for pensioners in order to determine if the pension holder is to receive the pension is still alive and they continue to receive their pension without any problem.
- Senior citizens will now require to visit government offices and present themselves physically to receive the pension.
- Pensioners can submit life certificates by November 30th, 2021 and the window to submit their proof of being alive was opened for pensioners above 80 on October 1st, 2021. process for both categories will be closed on November 30th, 2021.
Max Verstappen wins 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix
Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix. the race was held at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez in Mexico City on 7th November 2021.
- Followed by Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) and Sergio Perez (Mexico- Red Bull) came 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
National Legal Services Day 2021
In India, “National Legal Services Day” is observed on 9th November every year by all Legal Services Authorities. the main objective of this day is to commemorate the enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- It also aims to raise awareness about the constitutions and related to the legal services which are available for Indian Citizens so that they can live a discrimination-free life.
- On 11 October 1987, the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987 was introduced in order to to offer a free Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society and aimed to conduct Lok Adalats for amicable settlement of disputes and the act came into effect on 9 November 1995.