Today Top Current Affairs 8 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigned as Conservative Party leader after the latest ethics scandal around his leadership led some 50 senior lawmakers to quit the government. Johnson said that The process of choosing a new leader will be started now and will serve until a new leader is in place.
- 58 years old Johnson would step down after a slew of resignations from his top team in protest at his leadership. he will continue serving as UK PM until a replacement is found.
FORMER NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has been appointed as India’s new Sherpa for the G-20, will replace Piyush Goyal, Minister for Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, who was appointed as the G-20 Sherpa in September 2021.
- India is going to hold the presidency from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023 and Kant’s appointment comes ahead of India assuming the G-20 presidency.
- The previous Sherpas for the G-20 include Suresh Prabhu, Shaktikanta Das and Montek Singh Ahluwalia besides Goyal.
The Jadavpur University Vice-Chancellor Suranjan Das, an eminent historian has been appointed as the president of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Suranjan Das will serve as the president of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for a period of one year from July 1st.
- Das will handle the issue of executing the new education policy’s (NEP) salient features, raising central funding for state varsities involved in important research activities.
Executive Vice-Chairman, TVS Supply Chain Solutions R Dinesh has been chosen as President Designate of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2022-23, at its National Council meeting held in Delhi. moreover, Chairman and Managing Director, ITC Sanjiv Puri was elected as Vice-President of CII at the same time.
- Dinesh also served as the Chairman of the CII Southern Region during 2018-19.
- He held several positions in CII including Chairman of the National Committees on Logistics, CII Family Business Network India Chapter Council, CII Tamil Nadu State Council, and the CII Institute of Logistics Advisory Council.
India-born Gita Gopinath becomes the first woman and second Indian to feature on the ‘wall of former chief economists of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Raghuram Rajan was the first Indian to achieve the honour of Chief Economist and Director of Research of IMF between 2003 and 2006.
- In 2018, Gopinath was appointed as IMF Chief Economist and was later promoted as the IMF’s First Deputy Managing Director in December 2021.
- Gopinath served as the first female chief economist of the Washington-based global lender for three years.
Sakshi Malik has launched Author Prarthna Batra’s debut book, titled Getting The Bread: The Gen Z Way To Success. the book highlights about author’s experiences and learnings from eminent leaders, entrepreneurs and media personalities.
- The book will provide the young generation with the motivation to pursue their dreams, achieve their goals and understand the importance of humanity in all its might.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced to select to partner with the Mumbai-based Hansa Research Group in order to ogranize field research for the July 2022 cycle of the consumer confidence and inflation anticipation surveys. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will conduct the July 2022 round of the two surveys with Hansa Research Group Pvt.Ltd., Mumbai.
- The Inflation Expectations Survey of Households (IESH) is regularly operated by the Reserve Bank of India.
- It aims to collect subjective opinions from households in 19 cities including Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, and Thiruvananthapuram, about price changes and inflation based on their individual consumption baskets.
The Secretary-General of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries passed away at the age of 63. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo was born in April 1959 in northeast Nigeria’s Adamawa state.
- He took charge of the office of the OPEC Secretary-General in 2016. His tenure was scheduled to expire in July.
Freedom fighter P. Gopinathan Nair passed away at the age of 100 due to age-related ailments. P Gopinathan Nair was known for following Gandhian ideology in his life and participating in the freedom struggle. he was honoured with the Padma award.
- Gandhian Sri P.Gopinathan Nair who had taken part in the Quit India movement and inspired people with social and spiritual leadership in peace and nonviolent action.
Every year, World Kiswahili Day is celebrated on July 7th following a declaration by UNESCO member states in this regard. Kiswahili is one of the most widely spoken languages in Africa and is the most widely spoken in sub-Saharan Africa.
- World Kishwahili Language Day 2022 Theme is ‘Kiswahili for peace and prosperity’, which promotes the use of the Kiswahili language as a beacon for peace, and enhanced multiculturalism.
- The General Conference of UNESCO proclaimed July 7th World Kiswahili Language Day at its 41st Session in Paris in November 2021.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.