FORMER NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has been appointed as India’s new Sherpa for the G-20, will replace Piyush Goyal, Minister for Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, who was appointed as the G-20 Sherpa in September 2021.
- India is going to hold the presidency from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023 and Kant’s appointment comes ahead of India assuming the G-20 presidency.
- The previous Sherpas for the G-20 include Suresh Prabhu, Shaktikanta Das and Montek Singh Ahluwalia besides Goyal.
FORMER NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant
- Kant ended his extended term at the NITI Aayog last month.
- He is a retired 1980-batch IAS officer (Kerala cadre) and was picked as the NITI Aayog CEO in 2016 — he last got an extension, by a year, in June 2021.
- He also served as the chairman of Empowered Group-3.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App