Today Top Current Affairs 7 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 7 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Also Read: हिन्दी करेंट अफ़ेयर्स 07 सितंबर 2021
India’s first dugong conservation reserve to establish in Tamil Nadu
On 4th September 2021, the Tamil Nadu government has announced to set up India’s first Dugong Conservation Reserve in the Palk Bay on the southeast coast of the state.
- The dugong is also called a sea cow. it is an endangered marine mammal that is facing extinction due to habitat loss, sea pollution, and loss of seagrass.
- In Tamil Nadu state, the dugong is found in the Gulf of Mannar.
- It is a sea mammal and is only one living species of the order Sirenia.
India and Australia join Naval exercise “AUSINDEX”
India has participated with Australia in a bilateral navy exercise of the 4th edition of AUSINDEX. the Exercise will be conducted between 06 September to 10 September 21.
- The AUSINDEX will cover complex surface, sub-surface and air operations between ships, submarines, helicopters and Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft of the participating Navies.
- In 2015, the bilateral IN-RAN maritime exercise was started and the 3rd edition of the exercise was conducted in 2019 in the Bay of Bengal, included anti-submarine drills for the first time.
Equitas Small Finance Bank appoints Rani Rampal and Smriti Mandhan as Brand Ambassadors
On 5th September 2021, Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB) has taken a decision to appoint Indian women hockey player, Rani Rampal and cricketer Smriti Mandhana as the brand ambassadors of the company.
- This decision was made during the 5th anniversary of the ESFB.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank –
It offers personalized services and helps finds the right product to suit individual banking requirements for their savings.
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Founded: 2016
Govt Names Suman Sharma as New Managing Director of SECI
The govt of India has decided to appoint Suman Sharma as the managing director (MD) of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI). Suman will take place of Jatindra Nath Swain who is currently serving as the chairman and MD of the company.
- Suman Sharma is an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the 1990 batch.
- Sharma has served as the Additional DGFT, Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce.
About Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) –
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 9 September 2011
Tamannaah Bhatia launches book titled ‘Back to the Roots’
Actress Tamannaah Bhatia has launched her book ‘Back to the Roots’. the book is also co-authored by celebrity lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho.
- The book highlights intensive research and mentions India’s ancient secrets of health and wellness.
International Day of Clean Air for blue skies 2021
The day of 7th September is observed as the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies in the world. the purpose of this day is to promote and facilitate actions to improve air quality.
- It also aims to create public awareness at all levels (individual, community, corporate and government) that clean air is important for health, productivity, the economy and the environment.
- The theme for 2021 International Day of Clean Air for blue skies is “Healthy Air, Healthy Planet”
Food Processing Week 2021: September 06 to 12 September 2021
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries celebrates ‘Food Processing Week’ from 6th September to 12th September 2021. it commemorates 75 years of India’s independence, and is a part of the celebration of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- It is an Official launch of ‘Food Processing Week’ by M/o Food Processing Industries through social media.
Former France Footballer Jean-Pierre Adams Dies at 73
The former France defender Jean-Pierre Adams has passed away at the age of 73 Adams was slipped into a coma following a medical error during his routine knee surgery in 1982.
- Adams had won 22 caps for Les Bleus in the 1970s.
- he was also called ‘the Black Guard’.
- He played for Nîmes between 1970 and 1973 and for PSG between 1977 and 1979.
- At club level, Adams also played as a defender for Paris Saint-Germain, Nîmes and Nice.