Today Top Current Affairs 8 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 8 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
India @75 – Atmanirbhar Corner to be set up by TRIFED in 75 missions and embassies around the world
The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) is going to set up an Atmanirbhar Bharat corner in 75 Indian Missions/ Embassies across the world in the next 3 months with the help of the Ministry of External Affairs.
- The main objective of Atmanirbhar Bharat corner is to promote GI-tagged tribal art and craft products besides natural and organic products.
- As well, TRIFED will set up Atmanirbhar corners in 75 embassies of foreign countries in India.
Gujarat announces 11 pct hike in DA for employees, pensioners with effect from Jul 1
The Govt of Gujarat has announced an 11% hike in dearness allowance for its employees and pensioners with effect from July 1st, 2021. Now, the New DA rate will be 28%. prior to this, Central Govt raised DA for its employees from 17 percent to 28 percent in July.
Manipur launches COVID-19 Affected Livelihood Support Scheme
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh has launched the COVID-19 Affected Livelihood Support Scheme. the aim of this scheme is to provide assistance to those who had been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in the State.
- Under the scheme, Govt has received a total of 22,336 applications so far. 7,943 applications have been verified and beneficiaries will be given the assistance of Rs 2500.
Google Pay launches digital FD in tie-up with Equitas Small Finance Bank
Equitas Small Finance Bank (SFB) has tied up with Google Pay in order to launch open fixed deposits (FDs) to users. As per the new initiative, Users will be allowed to book fixed deposits (FDs) on Google Pay in under 2 minutes without having to open a bank account
- Customers will get returns of up to 6.35% for an FD of one year – substantially higher than many other savings options.
- Users can use the Google Pay app to book high-interest rate FDs fully digitally with an easy, safe and hassle-free experience.
Govt appoints Arun Kumar Singh as CMD of BPCL
The govt of India has given its approval to appoint Arun Kumar Singh as the full-time Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL).
- Arun Kumar Singh will take place of K Padmakar, Director (HR) who was serving for the additional charge of the CMD post since September 2020, after the superannuation of N Vijayagopal on July 31, 2020.
- Singh has served as the director (marketing) at BPCL.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) –
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1952
Harsha Bhupendra Bangari appointed as MD of EXIM Bank
Indian Govt has decided to appoint Harsha Bhupendra Bangari as the new Managing Director (MD) of Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank).
- She will serve as MD of Exim bank for a period of three years or until further orders of the government.
- Bangari will take place of MD David Rasquinha, who was appointed for five years on July 20, 2014.
- She has served as deputy managing director at EXIM Bank.
About EXIM Bank –
- Founded: 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: David Rasquinha
SL Tripathy appointed as CMD of United India Insurance
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has taken a decision to appoint SL Tripathy as Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) of the United India Insurance Company Limited (UIICL).
- Tripathy will serve as CMD of United India Insurance till February 29, 2024, his superannuation, or until further orders.
- He will take place of CMD Girish Radhakrishanan who was retired in June 2021.
- Tripathy has served as the General Manager & Director with the New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL).
About United India Insurance –
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Founded: 18 February 1938
- CEO: Shri Girish Radhakrishnan
About New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL) –
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Dorabji Tata
- Founded: 23 July 1919, Mumbai
- CEO: Atul Sahai
“Bullets Over Bombay: Satya and the Hindi Film Gangster” book by Uday Bhatia
Uday Bhatia has authored a new book titled “Bullets Over Bombay: Satya and the Hindi Film Gangster”, which has been released.
- The book was published by HarperCollins Publishers.
- The book highlights the iconic Indian film “Satya” and its legacy.
International Literacy Day 2021
International Literacy Day is observed on September 8 every year across the world. this day marks the importance of literacy to individuals, communities, and societies.
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness about the significance of literacy as a matter of dignity and individual rights and promote the literacy agenda toward a more informed and sustainable society.
- The theme of 55th International Literacy Day is “’Literacy for a human-centred recovery: Narrowing the digital divide’.
List of the top 10 literate states and Union territories in India
|S.N.||State/UT||Literacy rate (%)|
|4.||Himachal Pradesh||86.6 percent|
|9.||West Bengal||81.69 percent|
Former Union Health Secretary Keshav Desiraju Passes Away at 66
Former Union health secretary Keshav Desiraju has taken his last breath at the age of 66 due to “acute coronary syndrome”, was the grandson of former president Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Desiraju was an IAS officer of the 1978 batch from the Uttarakhand cadre and contributed to mental health and community healthcare.
- He is also known as the architect of India’s mental healthcare act of 2017.