Today Top Current Affairs 7 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 7 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 7 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Fitch Solutions estimates India’s GDP Growth Rate for FY22 to 9.5%
Fitch Solutions has predicted that the GDP growth of India will be 9.5 percent in 2021-22 (April 2021 to March 2022).
The reason for this cut is lockdowns and coronavirus.
Odisha CM Declares Journalists as Frontline Covid Warriors
The Odisha Govt has declared working journalists of the state as frontline Covid warriors.
- The State Govt’s decision will benefit nearly 7,000 working journalists of the state.
Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana
- In the year 2018, Odisha started “Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana” for working journalists.
- The working journalists are given a health insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh each as per the Scheme.
World’s Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge Arouca 516 opens now in Portugal
On 2nd May 2021, the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge “Arouca Bridge 516” has been opened in northern Portugal.
Arouca Bridge 516 Specifications:
- It is 1,693 ft (516 m) long and 175 m (574 ft) above the Paiva River.
- It has a hanging metal walkway bridge that has been supported by two v-shaped concrete towers and supported by cables.
the longest bridge in the world:
|Kokonoe Yume Bridge (390m)||2016||Japan|
|Charles Kuonen Bridge (494m )||2017||Swiss Alps|
|Arouca Bridge (516m )||2021||Portugal|
Bengaluru at 40th spot globally in price rise of luxury homes
As per the Real Estate Consultant Knight Frank, Bengaluru City has slipped by four places to rank 40th globally in the annual price appreciation of luxury residential properties.
- Bengaluru accounted for a fall of 2.7% year-on-year (YoY) in prime residential prices during January-March 2021.
- In other Indian Cities, New Delhi was at 32 positions and Mumbai was at 36 positions.
- Shenzhen has been ranked at 1st spot with an 18.9 percent annual change for the period Q1 2020 – Q1 2021.
- New York was the weakest performing market and ranked 46th with a fall of 5.8 percent in prices annually.
- Also, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Guangzhou (Chinese cities) lead the index in Q1 of 2021.
- Shenzhen accounted for the strongest growth of 18.9% in the price.
About Knight Frank –
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
V Kalyanam Mahatma Gandhi’s Former Personal Secretary Died at 99
The former personal secretary of Mahatma Gandhi, V Kalyanam has passed away at the age of 99. he was suffering from age-related ailments.
- He served as Gandhi’s personal secretary from 1943 to 1948.
- he was also a part of the freedom struggle in 1942 during the Quit India Movement.
- in 2014, Kalyanam joined the Aam Aadmi Party.
Former Union Minister and RLD Founder Ajit Singh Passes Away at 82
Former Union Minister Shri Ajit Singh Ji has taken his last breath at the age of 82. he was suffering from COVID-19.
- He was the founder of Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD).
- He started his political career as a Rajya Sabha MP in 1986.
- Ajit played an important role in bringing in alliances between political parties.
- Ajit Singh served as Union minister of industry between December 1989 and November 1990 in former Prime Minister VP Singh’s cabinet.
- Singh also worked as the Union minister of food and later, he was elected as the minister of agriculture from 2001 to 2003 during the Atal Bihari Vajpayee govt.
World Athletics Day 2021
World Athletics Day is observed on 7 May every year across the world. the main objective of this day is to make youngsters aware of the various health issues and also aims to create awareness regarding the importance of fitness.
- In 1996, the president of the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) Primo Nebiolo introduced World Athletics Day.