Today Top Current Affairs 7 February 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
PM Narendra Modi dedicates ‘Statue Of Equality’ to nation
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 216-feet tall ‘Statue of Equality’ commemorating the 11th-century Bhakti Saint Sri Ramanujacharya and dedicated to the nation the ‘Statue of Equality’ in Hyderabad.
- Statue of Equality is 216-feet tall and marks 11th-century Bhakti Saint Sri Ramanujacharya who worked for promoting the idea of equality in all aspects of living including faith, caste and creed.
- It is made of ‘panchaloha’, a combination of five metals: gold, silver, copper, brass, and zinc.
- It is one of the tallest metallic statues.
Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot laid the Foundation Stone of World’s Third Largest Cricket Stadium
Rajasthan Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot and BCCI president Sourav Ganguly have laid the foundation stone of the world’s third-largest cricket stadium in Jaipur on February 05, 2022.
- The International Cricket Stadium will be 2nd largest cricket stadium in India and the 3rd-largest in the world.
- Rajasthan Cricket Academy (RCA) will build The new international stadium on the Jaipur-Delhi bypass and will be made on over 100 acres of land in Jaipur.
- International Cricket Stadium will have a seating capacity of 75,000 viewers.
ADB lends record USD 4.6 bn loans to India in 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has provided a record USD 4.6 billion in sovereign lending to India in 2021 including USD 1.8 billion towards coronavirus response. the Data was released by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on February 6th, 2022.
- The Asian Development Bank has given a record USD 4.6 billion in sovereign lending to India in 2021 for 17 loans and also helped of USD 1.8 billion for the India’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic response.
- ADB will support India’s fight against COVID-19 and its other development priorities including managing urbanisation, raising industrial competitiveness to create jobs, improving connectivity and enhancing skills.
KVIC canceled license of oldest Khadi Institution “Khadi Emporium” Mumbai
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has decided to cancel the “Khadi Certification” of its oldest Khadi Institution called Mumbai Khadi & Village Industries Association (MKVIA) due to selling fake Khadi products.
- “Khadi Emporium” was running at Metropolitan Insurance House, Mumbai since 1954.
- The selling fake Khadi products break the policy of “zero tolerance” of KVIC against the sale of spurious/non-Khadi products
IIT-Hyderabad launches AI-based platform for the disabled jobseekers- Swarajability
The Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH) has launched India`s first Artificial Intelligence-based job platform for persons with Disabilities (PwDs), which will help in acquiring relevant skills and finding jobs.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has funded the project and has been developed by IITH jointly with Youth4Jobs and Visual Quest with support from Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
India won ICC Under 19 World Cup 2022, defeated England in Final
India has won the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup Championship and defeated England by 4 wickets to claim the 5th ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup. the final was played between India and England at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua.
- India team successfully chased a target of 190 runs in 47.4 overs and made a record-extending fifth U-19 title for India.
- previously, India won the trophy in 2000, 2008, 2012, 2018.
Producer-actor Ramesh Deo passes away at 93
PROMINENT FILM personality Ramesh Deo has passed away at the age of 93 at Mumbai’s Kokilaben Ambani Hospital due to a heart attack. he was also known for playing a diverse range of roles, in Marathi and Hindi movies.
- Ramesh Deo worked in over 285 Hindi films, 190 Marathi films and 30 Marathi dramas.
- Along with it, he also produced feature films, television serials and over 250 ad films.
- He played his role in Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 1971 classic Anand as Dr Prakash Kulkarni, alongside his actor-wife Seema Deo.
Senior politician and BJP’s first torchbearer in Lok Sabha C Janga Reddy died at 86
The noted Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Chandupatla Janga Reddy has passed away at the age of 86 due to following health issues in Hyderabad.
- Chandupatla Janga Reddy has been a native of Warangal and a former MLA in Andhra Pradesh.
- He also served as Member of Parliament in the 8th Lok Sabha in the year 1984 and marked the BJP’s debut in the Lok Sabha, following Indira Gandhi’s assassination.
- He was also elected to the Legislative Assembly in undivided Andhra Pradesh three times.
Nightingale Singer Lata Mangeshkar passes away At 92
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar has passed away at the age of 92 at Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital due to multiple organ failures. she was known by the affectionate moniker ‘Nightingale of India’.
- ‘Queen of Melody’ Mangeshkar had sung thousands of songs in several Indian languages in a record-breaking career of 73 years beginning at age 13 in the 1942 Marathi film Kiti Hasaal.
- in 2001, she was honoured with Bharat Ratna – The Nation’s Highest Civilian Award.
- In 1999, She received Padma Vibhushan Award.
- In 169, She received Padam Bhushan Award
International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2022
Every year, The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on 6 February by the United Nations (UN) across the world. the main purpose of the day is to raise awareness about ending the practice of female genital mutilation (FGM).
- The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) started the programme to end female genital mutilation with the help of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in 2008.
The theme 2022 of International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation, is “Accelerating Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation“.
Daily Current Affairs 7th February 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.