Today Top Current Affairs 8 February 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launches Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 4.0
Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya has launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush 4.0 on 7th February 2022. it aims to protect children and pregnant women from severe diseases.
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 4.0 is to be conducted in 416 districts across 33 states/UTs and it will have three rounds, of 7 days each.
IMI 4.0 Rounds
- first round – 7th February 2022 and will be conducted in various states including Assam, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura and Chhattisgarh.
- second round – 7th March 2022,
- third round – 4th April 2022.
West Bengal launches an open-air classroom initiative ‘Paray Shikshalaya’
The West Bengal government has launched Open-air Classroom named ‘Paray Shikshalaya’ for students from classes 1 to 7 on 7th February 2022 (Monday).
- The main purpose of the ‘Paray Shikshalaya’ initiative is to encourage students to continue their education who have dropped out of schools during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit as first woman Vice-Chancellor of JNU
Santishree Dhulipudi Pandit has been elected as the new Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on February 7, 2022.
- She will serve for a period of five years and will be the first women Vice-Chancellor of JNU.
- 59-year-old Pandit is serving as a Political Science professor at the Department of Politics and Public Administration, Savitribai Phule University in Maharashtra.
- She is also an alumna of JNU and has pursued her MPhil and PhD in International Relations.
Centre appoints Dinesh Prasad Saklani as new Director of NCERT
Dinesh Prasad Saklani has been appointed as the director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for five years. he will replace Hrushikesh Senapaty, who finished his term over a year ago.
- Dinesh Prasad Saklani is a professor of history at the HNB Garhwal University.
- Saklani is serving as a professor in the department of ancient Indian history, culture and archaeology.
- Apart from this, he has penned down three books such as the ancient communities of the central Himalaya region and one titled ‘Ramayana Tradition in Historical Perspective’.
- Saklani has released various papers on Ramayana tradition in performing arts and in the Garhwal region.
ICICI lombard partners with Airtel Payments Bank for Cyber Insurance
Airtel Payments Bank and ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company joined hands to offer insurance solutions against cyber crimes and financial frauds.
- Airtel Payments Bank Users will be able to purchase this insurance policy through the Airtel Thanks app.
- The policy will offer a 90-day discovery period and a seven-day reporting period.
Karnataka Bank gets digital transformation award ‘DX 2021 Awards’ of CII
Karnataka Bank has won the digital transformation award, ‘DX 2021 Awards’, in recognition of the “innovative” best practice ‘KBL VIKAAS’. the award was presented by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for Best Practice in Digital Transformation.
- In 2017, Karnataka Bank launched a wholistic transformation journey named “KBL VIKAAS”.
- KBL VIKAAS has helped in implementation of digital capabilities, namely, digital journeys for assets and liability products, enhancement in customer experience and so on.
Former Greek President Christos Sartzetakis died at 93
Former Greek President Christos Sartzetakis has died at the age of 92 years due to respiratory failure in Athens, Greece. he served as a Greek jurist and a judge of the Supreme Court, who resisted against the militants during the 1967-1974 Rule of the Colonels.
- Apart from this, he also served as the President of Greece between 1985 and 1990 for his four-year term.
China wins AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 Football Tournament
China PR has won the AFC Women`s Asian Cup India 2022 final title and defeated South Korea (Korea Republic), 3-2. the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 final was held at the D.Y. Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai on February 06, 2022.
- It is the Steel Roses’ record-extending 9th WAC title.
Sri Lankan Suranga Lakmal will retire from international cricket after India tour
Sri Lanka fast bowler Suranga Lakmal has announced his retirement from international cricket after their upcoming tour of India. Lakmal played his debut in an ODI against India in December 2009.
- In his international cricket career, he received 168 wickets in 68 Test matches and 109 in 86 ODIs.
- He has played only 11 T20Is and has taken 8 wickets.
Daily Current Affairs 8th February 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.