Today Top Current Affairs 6 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 6 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
India signs an MoU with Nepal to reconstruct 117 heritage & health projects damaged during 2015 earthquake in the Himalayan country
India has signed a Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) with Nepal. An MoU aims the reconstruction of 14 cultural heritage projects and 103 health sector projects in Nepal country, such heritages were damaged during the 2015 earthquake.
- Under the projects, the NRs (Nepalese Rupees) 420 crores will be spent to reconstruct the cultural heritages and health sector in Nepal.
- Indian govt has provided assistance of USD 250 million to Nepal (Including $50 million each for cultural heritage, education, and health sector, and USD 100 million for the Housing sector).
PhonePe introduces first Indian digital payment interactive geospatial platform- Pulse platform
PhonePe has launched a platform called PhonePe Pulse. it is the 1st interactive platform of the country with data insights and trends on digital payments.
- PhonePe Pulse displays over 2000 crore digital transactions by customers on an interactive map of India.
- Also, PhonePe unveiled the Pulse Report. the Pulse Report includes the study on the evolution of digital payments over the past 5 years.
About PhonePe –
- Founded: 2015
- CEO: Sameer Nigam
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
LIC acquires 3.9% stake in Bank of India via open market acquisition
On 2nd September 2021, the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has received 3.9 per cent (15,90,07,791 shares) of the Bank of India through open market acquisition.
- Now, LIC has 7.05% equivalent to 28,92,87,324 shares of the Bank of India. prior to this LIC brought 3.17% stake.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1 September 1956
SVC Bank appoints Ashish Singhal as new MD & CEO
SVC Bank has appointed Ashish Singhal as its new Managing Director (MD) & CEO. Ashish Singhal has replaced Ajit E Venugopalan, who retired on August 31st, 2021.
- He is having experience in strategy, technology, sales and marketing, business intelligence and analytics, product and portfolio management, customer experience and engagement management.
Mahindra Finance appoints Raul Rebello as COO
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited has appointed Raul Rebello as its new Chief Operating Officer (COO) with immediate effect. Raul Rebello replaces Rajnish Agarwal.
Atul Bhatt as CMD of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam
The Govt of India has decided to appoint Atul Bhatt as the chairman and managing director (CMD) of disinvestment-owned steel company Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL).
- Bhatt has also served as the CMD of state-owned consultancy firm MECON.
“A Rude Life: The Memoir” Book by Vir Sanghvi
Vir Sanghvi has authored a new memoir titled ‘A Rude Life: The Memoir’, which was released. the memoir has been published by Penguin Random House.
- The book highlights the views and experience of the author’s most eventful careers in Indian journalism like personal life, stories of and about celebrities and politicians, middlemen, and behind-the-scene actors.
Who is Vir Sanghvi
- He is an Indian print and television journalist.
- He also an author, columnist and talk show host, who worked with Hindustan Times between 1999 and 2007.
Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020: India secures record 19 medals
India has finished their campaign at the Tokyo Paralympics 2020 with 24th position. India won 19 medals including 5 Gold, 8 Slive, and 6 bronze medals.
- In the List of Most medal tally at Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020, China has ranked first with 207 medals (96 golds, 60 silvers, and 51 bronzes).
- followed by Great Britain and United Nations ranked 2nd and 3rd place with 124 medals (41 golds, 38 silvers, and 45 bronzes) and 104 medals (37 golds, 36 silvers, and 31 bronzes) respectively.
- At the Opening ceremony – Javelin thrower Tek Chand
- At the Closing ceremony – Shooter Avani Lekhara
Krishna Nagar Wins Gold and Suhas L Yathiraj clinched a silver medal in Badminton at Tokyo Paralympics 2020
India’s Krishna Nagar has won the gold medal in the final of the men’s singles badminton in (SH6) category. Krishna defeated Hong Kong’s Chu Man Kai. This is India’s 5th gold medal at the Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020.
- Also, Indian para-shuttler Suhas L Yathiraj clinched a silver medal in the men’s singles SL4 category (badminton) of the Tokyo Paralympics. he was defeated by Lucas Mazur (France) by 21-15, 17-21, 15-21.
Max Verstappen wins Dutch Grand Prix 2021
On 5th September 2021, Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the formula one Dutch Grand Prix 2021. Followed by, Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) and while Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) got 2nd and 3rd place in the race respectively.
F1 2021 schedule: Italian Grand Prix
- The Italian Grand Prix will be held from September 10 to 12.
The former IOC president Jacques Rogge dies
The Olympic sailor and orthopedic surgeon Jacques Rogge has passed away at the age of 79. he was from Belgium and had served as president of the International Olympic Committee.
- He was appointed as the IOC’s eighth president in 2001.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|