Today Top Current Affairs 5 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 5 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
India signed Project Agreement for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with US
The Defence Ministry (India) has signed a Project Agreement (PA) for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (ALUAV) under the Joint Working Group Air Systems in the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) with the US Department of Defence.
- The agreement aims to boost and strengthen defence technology collaboration between the two nations through the co-development of defence equipment.
Nirmala Sitharaman chairs 24th meeting of Financial Stability and Development Council
Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has chaired the 24th meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) on September 3rd, 2021.
- The meeting focused on the various mandates of the FSDC including Financial Stability, Financial Sector Development, Inter-regulatory Coordination, Financial Literacy, and so on.
About Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)
- Govt of India established the forum in order to strengthen and institutionalize the mechanism for maintaining financial stability, enhancing inter-regulatory coordination, and also to promotefinancial sector development.
Indian Army joins a military exercise ‘ZAPAD 2021’ in Russia
The Indian Army has participated in a multi-nation military exercise titled ‘ZAPAD 2021’ at Nizhny in Russia. the main aim of the ‘ZAPAD 2021’ is to boost anti-terror cooperation between both armies.
- ZAPAD 2021 is a 13-day exercise and will be conducted between 3rd September and 16 September 2021.
- 200 personnel of the Indian Army have participated in an exercise.More than dozen countries from Eurasia and South Asia will also participate in the same exercise, the Army said.
28th Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise ‘SIMBEX-2021’
The 28th edition of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) was conducted between 02nd September 2021 and 04 September 21. the main purpose of this exercise was to boost the bilateral defence ties between both countries.
- The Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) hosted the SIMBEX-2021 annual bilateral maritime exercise in the southern fringes of the South China Sea.
- The Indian Navy was represented by Guided Missile Destroyer INS Ranvijay with a ship borne helicopter, ASW Corvette INS Kiltan and Guided Missile Corvette INS Kora and one P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
- Participants from the RSN included one Formidable Class Frigate, RSS Steadfast, embarked with an S-70B naval helicopter, one Victory Class Missile Corvette, RSS Vigour, one Archer Class Submarine and one Fokker-50 Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
Cyrus Poncha appointed as Vice-President of Asian Squash Federation
On 4th September 2021, Cyrus Poncha has been appointed as Vice-President of the Asian Squash Federation (ASF). his appointment was done during the 41st annual general meeting of ASF. Poncha is Secretary-General of Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI).
- Cyrus Poncha will serve as Vice-President of the Asian Squash Federation for a period of four years.
- Mr. Fayez Abdullah S.Al-Mutairi of Kuwait and Tae-sook Hee of Korea have been also selected as the Vice-Presidents of ASF.
Manish Narwal wins Gold and Singhraj Adhana wins Silver in 50m Mixed Pistol (SH1) at Tokyo Paralympics
On 4th September 2021, Indian para-shooter Manish Narwal and Singhraj Adhana have won a gold medal and the silver medal in the P4 – Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 final respectively.
- Manish scored 218.2 points to win gold while, Singhraj Adhana scored 216.7 points for sliver medal.
- Russia’s Sergey Malyshev claimed the bronze medal.
Shuttler Pramod Bhagat wins GOLD medal, Manoj Sarkar wins bronze at Tokyo Paralympics 2020
On 4th September 2021, Indian shuttler Pramod Bhagat has won a Gold medal in the men’s singles badminton SL3 final match at the ongoing Tokyo Paralympics, beating Daniel Bethell (Great Britain) by 2-0.
- Pramod Bhagat has become the first Indian athlete who has won the gold in Badminton in the Paralympics or Olympics. Bhagat hails from Bhubaneswar.
- While, India’s Manoj Sarkar has won the bronze in the same event.
Teachers Day 2021 in India
The day of 5th September is observed as Teachers Day annually in India. The day memorializes the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakhrishnan who was a philosopher and also a teacher and he made a lot of effort in order to contribute to the field of education. He used to say that “teachers should be the best minds in the country”.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|