Today Top Current Affairs 6 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 6 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 6 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Mamata Banerjee took sworn as Chief Minister of West Bengal for 3rd Consecutive Term
On 5th May 2021, Mamata Banerjee take sworn as the Chief Minister of West Bengal for the third consecutive term. She won state assembly elections 2021 with massive seats 216 seats out of a total of 290.
- Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar administered the oath to Mamata Banerjee.
- She is serving as the8th and current Chief Minister of West Bengal since 2011.
Facebook Launches In-app Vaccine Finder Tool, Partners With Central Govt
Facebook has made a partnership with the Indian Govt in order to help people identify places to get vaccinated and also, Facebook launched a vaccine finder tool.
- The vaccine finder tool will be available on Facebook’s mobile app in India.
- it will be available in 17 languages.
- The Tool will help Indian citizens to search the nearest vaccination center locations and their hours of operations.
- The tool will also show more Additional features
- through this tool, Indian citizens will be allowed to register on the Cowin portal and can schedule their vaccination appointments.
S&P cuts India’s GDP Growth Forecast to 9.8% for FY22
S&P Global Ratings has downgraded India’s growth rate forecast to 9.8 percent for the financial year 2021-22 (FY22). due to COVID-19’s 2nd wave and lockdowns in India.
- prior to this, S&P predicted 11 percent for the financial year 2021-22 (FY22).
About S&P Global Ratings –
Headquarters: New York, United States
Founder: Henry Varnum Poor
Philippines Journalist Maria Ressa gets 2021 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize
Investigative journalist and media executive Maria Ressa has been awarded the 2021 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
- He will also receive prize money of $25,000.
- Ressa has given a span of a 3-decade career as a journalist. he is a NN’s lead investigative reporter for Asia
Vijay Goel as CMD of THDCIL
THDC India Ltd has announced that Vijay Goel assumed as chairman and managing director. his appointment will come into effect from May 1, 2021.
- in 1990, Goel became part of the company as a senior personnel officer (SPO) from NHPC Ltd.
- And has experience of over 30 years in the field of human resource management as well.
About THDCIL –
Founded: 12 July 1988
Assam’s first female IAS officer Parul Debi Das died
The first female IAS officer from Assam Parul Debi Das has passed away in Guwahati. she was suffering from COVID-19 and was taking treatment at the Apollo Hospitals.
- She was the sister of former Assam Chief Secretary Naba Kumar Das.
- Parul has served in Meghalaya in he late 80s.
- Parul Debi was retired from the post of the Additional Chief Secretary of Assam.
Renowned AIR Newsreader Sushil Javeri passes away at 90
The famous and noted AIR Newsreader Sushil Javeri has passed away in Ahmedabad, Gujarat at the age of 90. he was suffering from COVID-19.
- Javeri has served in the News Services Division of All India Radio for a period of almost 40 years.
- He was Renowned for his immaculate English baritone voice received his early education at Craig School at Ealing in London and
- later, became the part of AIR drawing inspiration from the historic broadcasts of Melville de Mellow.
Former Asian Gold Medalist GM Khan passes away at 75
The Asian Games gold medallist rider Colonel Gulam Mohammad Khan (Retired) has taken his last breath at the age of 75. he won the gold medal in the 1982 Asian Games.
- He joined the Indian Military Academy in the year 1973.
- he was elected as the Best Rider of the Academy.
- he did captaincy for the ASC team between 1980 and 1990 and won the National title six times.
- apart from this, he was the winner of National Champion (Eventing) four times.
Wipro as 3rd most-valued Indian IT firm, overtakes HCL Tech
In terms of market capitalization (market-cap), Wipro has surpassed HCL Technologies and become India’s third most-valued information technology (IT) company.
- Wipro is at number 12 in the overall m-cap ranking and has an m-cap of Rs 2.65 trillion. on the other hand, HCL Technologies downs to number 13 and it have an m-cap of Rs 2.62 trillion.
- However, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is at the top position with Rs 11.47 trillion’s market cap and Infosys gets 2nd place with a market cap of Rs 5.72 trillion.
International No Diet Day 2021
The day of 6th May is observed as International No Diet Day. This day promotes a healthy lifestyle with a focus on health at any size and it also creates awareness of the potential dangers of dieting and the unlikelihood of success.