Today Top Current Affairs 6 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM Modi inaugurated Digital India Week 2022 at Gandhinagar
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji inaugurated Digital India Week 2022 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Digital India Week 2022 will also have a three-day-long orientation program called ‘India Stack Knowledge Exchange- Showcasing India Stack and India’s Digital Products and Service’ from 7th July 2022.
- The theme of this Digital India Week is ‘Catalyzing New India’s Techade’ and aims to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
IGSS Ventures and Tamil Nadu Govt signed MoU to build semiconductor park
IGSS Ventures has signed an agreement with the Tamil Nadu Government for establishing a semiconductor park. IGSS Ventures is a prominent global player in the semiconductor industry. while signing the MoU, chief minister MK Stalin was also present.
- The industrial park will be built on a 300-acre land and 25,600 crore rupees will be invested in five years.
- the industrial park will help in generating 1500 direct jobs.
Science & Techonology
IIT Hyderabad and Greenko inks a pact to establish sustainable sci-tech school
Greenko signed an agreement with IIT-Hyderabad to launch the country’s first dedicated school for sustainable science and technology. Greenko is an energy transition and industrial decarbonisation solutions company.
- The Greenko School of Sustainable Science and Technology (GSSST) will help in plugging the gaps in research, education and skills in the sustainable development space.
- It will also help in boosting studies in climate change mitigation; artificial intelligence and space technology; energy transition and industrial transformation; circular and regenerative economy; and industrial ecology and net-zero clusters.
Ukrainian mathematician Maryna Viazovska wins prestigious Fields Medal 2022
Ukrainian Mathematician Maryna Viazovska has become the winner of the 2022 Fields Medal, one of the highest honours in Mathematics awarded to scholars under 40. she was among the four winners France’s Hugo Duminil-Copin, US-based June Huh, and Britain’s James Maynard.
- Maryna becomes only the second woman to receive the award after female laureate, Iran’s Maryam Mirzakhani.
- France’s Hugo Duminil-Copin (36 years)- Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques
- US-based June Huh (39 years) – Princeton University
- Britain’s James Maynard (35 years) – University of Oxford
- Ukraine’s Maryna Viazovska ( 37 years) – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Michelle Poonawalla bags the coveted Shiromani Award
Well-known artist, businesswoman and philanthropist Michelle Poonawalla received the coveted Shromani Award at the NRI World Summit 2022, the United Kingdom for her contribution to the field of Art. The NRI Institute has celebrated its 33rd anniversary with a two-day gala celebration of achievements, charity, investment opportunities, innovation and business networking. the award was presented by G. P. Hinduja, the co-chairman of Hinduja Group.
- Poonawalla also unveiled her artwork at JMS Foundation Charity Gala Dinner at The Dorchester in London.
- Her film ‘Reserve’ marks water scarcity as a global crisis and accentuated pollution and contamination of water reserves.
World Zoonosis Day 2022
Every year, World Zoonosis Day is marked on July 6 in the world to raise awareness about the infectious diseases collectively termed zoonotic diseases. Zoonosis Day is celebrated in memory of Louis Pasteur, a French biologist who, on July 6, 1885, successfully administered the first-ever Rabies vaccine to a patient named Joseph Meister.
- World Zoonoses Day was formed on 6 July 1885 to educate and create awareness regarding zoonotic diseases that can transmit from animals to humans.
- It also commemorates French biologist Louis Pasteur, who had administered the first dose of the first vaccine against rabies.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.