Ukrainian mathematician Maryna Viazovska wins prestigious Fields Medal 2022 – Ukrainian Mathematician Maryna Viazovska has become the winner of the 2022 Fields Medal, one of the highest honours in Mathematics awarded to scholars under 40. she was among the four winners France’s Hugo Duminil-Copin, US-based June Huh, and Britain’s James Maynard.
- Maryna becomes only the second woman to receive the award after female laureate, Iran’s Maryam Mirzakhani.
Fields Medal Winners
- France’s Hugo Duminil-Copin (36 years)- Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques
- US-based June Huh (39 years) – Princeton University
- Britain’s James Maynard (35 years) – University of Oxford
- Ukraine’s Maryna Viazovska ( 37 years) – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Fields Medal Eligibility
- Candidates must be below 40 years before January 1st of the year the Field Medals are awarded Besides outstanding mathematical achievement.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App