World Zoonosis Day 2022 – Every year, World Zoonosis Day is marked on July 6 in the world to raise awareness about the infectious diseases collectively termed zoonotic diseases. Zoonosis Day is celebrated in memory of Louis Pasteur, a French biologist who, on July 6, 1885, successfully administered the first-ever Rabies vaccine to a patient named Joseph Meister.
World Zoonosis Day 2022: History
- World Zoonoses Day was formed on 6 July 1885 to educate and create awareness regarding zoonotic diseases that can transmit from animals to humans.
- It also commemorates French biologist Louis Pasteur, who had administered the first dose of the first vaccine against rabies.
- Zoonosis is also known as Zoonotic disease, is a kind of infectious disease that is transmitted from animals to humans.
- directly or indirectly, it can be passed to humans from animals.
- the common way of transmission of it is mosquito or tick bites.
Ways to avoid –
- keep good hand hygiene by washing hands using soap and clean water.
- wear dresses that can protect you from mosquitoes, ticks and fleas.
- Try to avoid bites and scratches from animals.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App