Today Top Current Affairs 4 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 4 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
I&B Ministry forms a 12-member Committee to review guidelines of the Journalist Welfare Scheme, Ashok Kumar Tandon as head
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I & B) has formed a 12-members Committee in order to review the existing guidelines of the Journalist Welfare Scheme and make appropriate recommendations for changes to the guidelines.
- Prasar Bharati Board Member Ashok Kumar Tandon has been appointed as the head of the committee.
Members of the Committee:
- Chairman – Shri Ashok Kumar Tandon
- Convener – Pankaj Salodia, Director (IP)
- Shri Sachidanand Murthy, Resident Editor, The Week
- Shri Shekhar Aiyar, Freelance Journalist,
- Shri Amitabh Sinha, News 18,
- Shri Sishir Kumar Sinha, Business Line,
- Shri Ravinder Kumar, Special Correspondent, Zee News,
- Shri Hitesh Shankar, Editor, Panchjanya,
- Ms. Smriti Kak Ramachandran, Hindustan Times,
- Shri Amit Kumar, Times Now,
- Ms Vasudha Venugopal, Economic Times
- Smt. Kanchan Prasad, Addl. DG, Press Information Bureau.
Role of Committee
- To examine the need for revision of quantum of ex-gratia payment in death and other cases under Journalist Welfare Scheme.
12th Defence Expo-2022 to be held from March 10 to 13
On 2nd September 2021, Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has reviewed the preparations of DefExpo-2022, at Kevadia, Gujarat jointly with Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Vijay Rupani.
- The 12th Defence Expo-2022 will be conducted in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between March 10th, 2022, and March 13th, 2021, in a hybrid format.
- Around 100 countries will join the 12th Defence Expo-2022.
- The main objective of DefExpo-2022 is to achieve ‘Aatmanirbharta’ in defence and reach USD 5 billion defence exports target by 2024.
Times World University Rankings 2022: the University of Oxford tops
The Times Higher Education (THE) has released THE World University Rankings 2022 results on September 2nd, 2021. as per the results, the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom has topped the list for the sixth consecutive year.
- Followed by California Institute of Technology, Harvard University and Stanford University stand at second, third and fourth positions, respectively.
Top 10 Universities in the world 2022
- University of Oxford
- California Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of Cambridge
- Princeton University
- University of California Berkley
- Yale University
- University of Chicago
Times World University Rankings: India’ University
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru, at 301-350 position, is the only Indian institute in the top 350, followed by IIT Ropar, JS Academy of Higher Education and Research, IIT Indore, Allagappa University, and Thapar University.
Hurun India Future Unicorn List 2021: USA tops, India at 3rd
The Hurun Research Institute has released the Hurun India Future Unicorn List 2021. as per the List, the USA has topped with 396 unicorns and followed by China and India have been ranked at 2nd and 3rd places with 277 and 51 unicorns respectively.
- India has added circa three unicorns every month over the last year.
Larsen & Toubro and Powergrid won the Prestigious global ATD Best Award
Larsen & Toubro Technology Services has won the “Association for Talent Development (ATD) 2021 BEST Award”, has ranked first from 71 organizations across the world.
- Followed by PPD (Wilmington, North Carolina), and Novartis ( Basel, Switzerland) have been ranked 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) has been ranked at 8th position, has also claimed the 2021 BEST Award. POWERGRID is a Maharatna CPSU under Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- The Association for Talent Development (ATD) has awarded 71 organizations from around the world with 2021 BEST Awards to demonstrate enterprise-wide success as a result of employee talent development.
List of Top 20 Companies in 2021 BEST AWARD Rankings
- Larsen & Toubro Technology Services ( Mumbai, India)
- PPD (Wilmington, North Carolina)
- Novartis (Basel, Switzerland)
- Bell (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Florida Blue ( Jacksonville, Florida)
- Sundt Construction (Tempe, Arizona)
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change ( Lexington, Kentucky)
- Power Grid Corporation of India ( Gurugram, India)
- Visa ( Foster City, California)
- Rosendin ( San Jose, California)
- Hitachi Vantara ( Santa Clara, California)
- Paylocity ( Schaumburg, Illinois)
- Busey ( Champaign, Illinois)
- Pax8 ( Greenwood Village, Colorado)
- Plante Moran ( Southfield, Michigan)
- Panda Restaurant Group ( Rosemead, California)
- WNS Global Services ( Mumbai, India)
- BMO Financial Group ( Toronto, Canada)
- Western & Southern Financial Group ( Cincinnati, Ohio)
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, Texas)
Dr. PPK Ramacharyulu has been appointed as Secretary General of Rajya Sabha
Dr. Parasaram Pattabhi Kesava Ramacharyulu has been appointed as the new Secretary-General of the Upper House of Parliament, with effect from August 31, 2021. his appointment was done by Rajya Sabha chairman M Venkaiah Naidu.
- Ramacharyulu has replaced Desh Dipak Verma who has completed his four-year term on August 31st, 2021.
- Ramacharyulu has served as the secretary in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat since 2018.
- Ramacharyulu has become the first-ever Upper House member to rise from the ranks of the secretariat to the top post of secretary-general in the almost 70 years of the Rajya Sabha.
Praveen Kumar wins silver in men’s T64 high jump at Tokyo Paralympics
Indian para-athlete Praveen Kumar has won a silver medal in the men’s high jump T64 event at Tokyo Paralympics on 3rd September 2021.
- Praveen Kumar created a new Asian record with a jump of 2.07m.
- Jonathan Broom-Edwards (Great Britain) won the gold medal with a jump of 2.10m, and Poland’s Maciej Lepiato clinched a bronze medal with a jump of 2.04m.
- Now, India has got 11 medals in the total medal tally at Tokyo Paralympics.
Avani Lekhara wins bronze in 50m Rifle at Tokyo Paralympics
Indian para-shooter Avani Lekhara has clinched a Bronze Medal in 50m Rifle 3 Position SH1 event at the Tokyo Paralympics Games on 3rd September 2021.
- With this medal, Lekhara has won two medals in the same edition of the Paralympics, becomes the only Indian women who claimed two medals.
- In 1984, Joginder Singh Sodhi won multiple medals (one silver and two bronze medals) in the same edition of the Games in the Paralympics.
Archer Harvinder Singh wins Bronze in Men’s Individual Recurve to get India’s 13th medal at Paralympics
On 3rd September 2021, India’s ace archer Harvinder Singh has clinched a bronze medal in men’s individual recurve open in Tokyo Paralympics 2020.
- With this, Archer Harvinder Singh has become India’s first-ever archer to claim a medal in the Paralympics.
India medal telly at Tokyo Paralympics Games
- Gold Medals – 2
- Sliver Medals – 6
- Bronze Medals – 5
- Total Medals – 13