Today Top Current Affairs 4 February 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
Two more Ramsar sites are added to Ramsar list as ‘wetlands of International importance’
Two more Ramsar sites — Khijadiya wildlife sanctuary (Gujarat) and Bakhira wildlife sanctuary (Uttar Pradesh) have been announced on the occasion of World Wetlands Day.
- India is having 49 such sites, the highest in South Asia, covering 10,93,636 hectares.
- In August 2021, Union Environment Ministry announced the Sultanpur National Park and Bhindawas wildlife sanctuary in Jhajjar as Ramsar sites — the first two such sites in Haryana.
Aravalli Biodiversity Park declared as ‘Other Effective Area-Based Conservation Measures’ site
On 3rd February 2022, The Union Ministry of environment, forest and climate change has declared Aravalli Biodiversity Park as India’s first “other effective area-based conservation measures” (OECM) site.
- In December 2020, the National Biodiversity Authority sent the proposal of declaring Aravalli Biodiversity Park an OECM site.
- The OECM tag identifies areas that are not protected but support rich biodiversity and is given by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
SBI-NCF-IGNCA sign MoU for Development of Atmanirbhar Bharat Centre for Design at Red Fort
The State Bank of India (SBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indira Gandhi Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and National Culture Fund (NCF) of the Ministry of Culture, for Development of Atmanirbhar Bharat Centre for Design (ABCD) at L1 Barrack, Red Fort, in Delhi.
- Atmanirbhar Bharat Centre of Design (ABCD) aims to highlight, promote and celebrate the products that have the Geographical Indication sign.
Former RBI Guv Urjit Patel resigns as Independent Director of Britannia Industries Limited
Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Urjit Patel has decided to resign from the post of non-executive and independent director of Britannia Industries Limited.
- Due to a new full-time work assignment, Urjit Patel has resigned as an independent Director of Britannia Industries Ltd. from January 31, 2022.
- Patel was also appointed vice president for investment operations in South Asia at the Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) with effective from 1 February.
- He became part of Britannia in March 2021 and served as an additional director of the company in the category of non-executive and independent director.
Ravi Mittal as new Chairman of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
The government has appointed Ravi Mittal, the former secretary of, Department of Sports as the Chairman of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) on February 02, 2022.
- Ravi Mittal will serve as the Chairman of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) for a period of five years and will replace M S Sahoo who completed his five-year term on September 30, 2021.
- Ravi Mittal is a 1986 batch IAS officer from Bihar cadre.
- Mittal has also served as Secretary of Information and Broadcasting (I&B), among other positions.
Exim Bank extends USD 500 mn Line of Credit to Sri Lanka
Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has extended a line of credit of $500 million to Sri Lanka on behalf of the govt of India on February 03, 2022.
- the socialist republic of Sri Lanka will use the fund for the purchase of petroleum products.
International Day of Human Fraternity 2022
Every year, the International Day of Human Fraternity is observed on 4th February across the world. this day was designated by the United Nations (UN). The main purpose of this day is to honours the religious and cultural diversity present in the world.
- This day also acts to a showcase of how diverse religions and cultures enrich our life and progress as humankind.
World Cancer Day 2022
Every year, World Cancer Day is observed on 4th February across the world. the initiative is led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
- The main purpose of World Cancer Day is to prevent millions of deaths each year by creating more awareness and offering education about cancer and pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action against the disease.
Daily Current Affairs 4th February 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.